Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By myglimk2
Picked up a .22 trap for the basement and now I am going through Sheltons city ordinances. From my search I can't find anything pertaing to discharging a firearm on private property. Just wanna be prepaired in case the local PD decides to show up...
This is the only thing I can find:
(10) Hunting, trapping, archery, discharging firearms, paintball guns, air guns or use of any weapon on or into any city open space area is prohibited. Hunters crossing city open space areas to gain access to private or state property may proceed through city open space areas only with an unloaded firearm.

Source:
http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=10238
By CTSixshot
I used to pop off an occasional round of .38/,357 at the old place in Bakersville, but that wasn't a city environment. The neighbors were notified of what I was doing, so as not to cause any excitement, if they heard a muffled gunshot or two.
This hardly helps, but good luck in your endeavor.
By myglimk2
Only discharging .22 CB Longs. Barely hear it outside the house.
By newguy
Could always pick yourself up some of those CCI quiet 22lr rounds.
By myglimk2
My brother in law picked up some of those to. Look and sound identical to the CB longs. Same FPS too (710)
By CTSixshot
Personally, I'd just shoot them off and not broadcast it to those that don't need to know anything about it.
By GreggAndrews
myglimk2 wrote:Only discharging .22 CB Longs. Barely hear it outside the house.
Dude, if you're popping those off in your basement, I doubt ANYONE would hear them outside. Turns out they're awesome squirrel gitters too.

Those things are less loud out of a rifle, than a BB gun is.
By myglimk2
Sounds like a muffled cap gun outside. 8)
By a_sannine
Do u have a tractor with no Muffler ?
Run it and shoot 3006 down there :D lol
By Drew
When I lived at home with my parents in Seymour I shot in the basement all the time with pistols and standard velocity ammo. Did not even bother my parents upstairs. I think there was enough stuff in the basement that it deadened a lot of the sound. Not a lot of hard surfaces. Listening outside it just sounded like hammering or a nailgun. I dont think most folks would have thought "gunshot".
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!