Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Class III Shooting
By ChrisNCT
Well, I am on the road again to NFA goodness! I got my trust today done up. All set for when I hit lottery and buy lots of suppressors.

:D
By Jason
Are there guides or even a list of the steps you need to take to obtain one?

I've been reading quite a bit on the topic and there's a good amount of rumor and contradiction out there. It's nice to see people actually *doing* it.

-Jason
By djmiked
Jason wrote:Are there guides or even a list of the steps you need to take to obtain one?

I've been reading quite a bit on the topic and there's a good amount of rumor and contradiction out there. It's nice to see people actually *doing* it.

-Jason
Talk to a dealer like Joel Cramer. He will walk you through all the steps and answer any of your questions.
By ChrisNCT
Here's how I obtained mine.

I found a local lawyer in CT that does NFA trusts that is pro-gun. The contact info for them is:

The Law Offices of Jalowiec & Zeck, LLC
114 Sodom Lane
Derby, CT 06418
(203)734-1100

These guys know their stuff when it come to NFA transfers, NFA Ownership and NFA Trusts. Very god price as well.

Now onto the process. You make the appointment and bring cash or check in the amount that he gives you over the phone that day. Hew will go over the ownership of the NFA items and how to aquire them using a trust.

He goes into detail on how to use the trust and asks you how you want it setup such as beneficiaries and what not. When you leave you will have everything that you need to get going in the NFA world.

Here's what I have in mine:

The Actual Declaration of Trust
10 or so Copies of the Actual Declaration of Trust
15 or so Certification of Compliance with U.S.C.922(g)(5)(B) for US Citizens
1 cover Sheet/ Sample letter for Form 1 or 4 applications
Samples of Form 1 and 4 Transfers
15 or so Notarized copies of Certification of Trust

All this was given to me in a nice binder for safe keeping.

For those that are not familiar with trusts and NFA ownership vs. CLEO signoffs....
Transfers using a Form 4 for example need:
Your info, Dealers info, Gun or Accessory Make Model and Serial Number, Fingerprint Cards, Passport Photos , Compliance form,and you must have a local Police Chief in your town sign off. Some towns won't sign off on Forms. So this frustrates you but not too worry. This is where a trust comes in.

When using a Trust you need Your info, Dealers info, Compliance Form, Gun or Accessory Make Model and Serial Number, Copies of Trust and Trust Docs. Trusts do not need fingerprints, passports photos and most important do not need the Police chief signoff.

Hope this helps~!
By SR9
Please excuse my ignorance but can someone give me a quick education on what this trust is for and if it applies to non-class 3 firearms?

I do not have much but if something were to happen to me what would be the fate of my humble and minimal collection?

Thanks for your patience.
By ChrisNCT
And yes you can transfer any firearm either Title 1 (normal guns) or class 3 (NFA) items and guns to your Trust. That way the mentioned beneficiaries are granted access when you choose or when you check out for good.
By Jason
Thanks much for the above info.

I work in a law firm and it would seem I have easy access to this. Helps that there are one or two pro-2A attorneys there.

Are there any other licenses or permits you need to have to use a supressor at a range?
By ChrisNCT
Jason wrote:Thanks much for the above info.
Are there any other licenses or permits you need to have to use a supressor at a range?
Nope... just keep your copies of paperwork with you at range "just in case".
By ChrisNCT
Got to play with my future purchase today at Jojo's.

By Mike-Sid
What is it???? Surefire?
By ChrisNCT
Yep .... Surefire FA556AR
By gunfire
What was the cost?
By ChrisNCT
1200.00 plus 200.00 tax stamp
By gunfire
Wow that's a lot of money, any of you guys want to chip in and get a trust, I am sure we can change the names for each new trust on our own once we have a copy of a real Firearm trust, and get the rest of the paper work from the AFT. If there are 4 or 5 of you out there let's get going. I know the Gun trust is a little Different from a regular trust but I do know it is all internal and does not have to be filed anywhere. you just keep a copy for your own records.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!