Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Johnny45
I am thinking about buying one of these in 9MM. I looked at one and liked the very good trigger on it. Anybody out there have any experience or advice about this gun?
By magneton44
Good carry gun if you don't mind weight, 9mm with 8rd capacity minus one round chambered, Colt built. For my preference, in a Defender, I'd look at .45 ACP, they're both priced at $973.00
By Johnny45
Probably just carrying it on the range for some tactical matches. thanks
By Hddreamer
Did you ever get the defender??????
By Hddreamer
You got me interested now .....
Does anyone know if the defender comes in stainless ? All I see is cerakote stainless can't see why they wouldn't have a real stainless .
By Johnny45
Originally looked at gun and liked the trigger. Want back a few months later and bought gun. Went to range to shoot gun and had many misfeeds and stove pipe jams. Shot about 300 rounds and experienced far fewer jams. Still has some every once in a while. Gun is nicely put together and accurate. I hit the steel plates the first time I ever tried them. however, after each of several trips to the range my trigger finger hurt. I can shoot my .45 all day long with no issue. Gun good.............trigger bad. After buying this I tried a glock 9mm. The trigger was great.

Plan on a trigger job if you want a defender. thanks
By Hddreamer
Did you buy the Cerakote stainless?
Do you know if they come stainless framed?
By Johnny45
I purchased the matt stainless but that could be the Cerakote and I believe this is the only finish they have for this model. And been using gun more and its working much better
By Hddreamer
Just curious, is the trigger " pinching" your finger ?
The reason I ask is that I have a mustang and that's what mine dose I changed out the trigger but still dose it even though it was suppose to stop the pinching
By Johnny45
The trigger does not pinch my finger. You can try it out if you like. I am in eastern CT.
By Hddreamer
Thanks for the offer Johnny , if I'm going east I'll look you up ! Keep us informed on how things work with the defender !
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!