Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By Hddreamer
Can anyone tell me if someone is going to fix this site so new members can join or is it a lost cause , seems I can't get any straight answers about this , if it is a lost cause I'll stop writing about it in the forums , just don't want to waste my time trying to get people to join and make this site more popular if it's falling on deaf ears
Thanks , Paul
By CTSixshot
P:

I used to be able to allow new members in, but for the life of me, I can't recall how to do it any more. If Sherrie doesn't respond, I'd say it's a lost cause.
Use CTGuntalk or other related sites.

Cheers!
By Hddreamer
Thanks G
Hate to see this site go to hell, Sherrie responded saying she was going to look into it but that's as far as it went ! I have signed up on ctguntalk , but for some reason I like ctshooting if I knew how I would fix it but unfortunately I don't know how so ....... Here I am :wall:
By CTSixshot
I hear you.
BTW load up some 125gr GDHP with Alliant's 300MP and your response will be closer to 2000 fps!
By Hddreamer
Lol , yea they want you to depend on police in a critical moment ! I'll stick to the faster response ! :D
By CTSixshot
Yes. Indeed.
Check out Hodgdon's Lil'Gun too. It's right up there with H110 and W296 but lists slightly higher velocities with heavier bullets and at much lower CUPs. If you're ever up by Foxwoods come over and try some loads with Lil Gun and 300 MP.
Peace!
By SR9
Hddreamer wrote:Can anyone tell me if someone is going to fix this site so new members can join or is it a lost cause , seems I can't get any straight answers about this , if it is a lost cause I'll stop writing about it in the forums , just don't want to waste my time trying to get people to join and make this site more popular if it's falling on deaf ears
Thanks , Paul
Paul,

I have sent a PM to the site admin. As soon as I know something I will pass it along. I know it can be frustrating but keep in mind that this forum is all volunteer and paid for by the admin. That said, I am sure it will be taken care of as soon as possible. Also, lets hope there is not some health issue with the admin.
By Hddreamer
Thanks sr9 ,yes I know it's all volunteer I have tryed in the past to suggest a slight charge to join just for this reason I know that when ever the site goes down that it cost somebody money and that it falls on admin witch I have stated also in the past that that is incredabully kind and generous ! :wtg: to admin !
I still think there should be somthing even if it was a donation Option to click on and be able to help out
Hopefully it will be looked into and like you said hope everyone's healthy and ok ,
Paul
By Hddreamer
Come on guys this site has helped all of us at one time or another , we have to put our thinking caps on and figure out to let new members join and get a few people to monitor this , there has got to be a way I have tryed sherrie but have not gotten anywhere somebody must know her personally to find out what's up , any ideas would help
Remember if you don't use it you may loose it !
By SR9
Hddreamer wrote:Come on guys this site has helped all of us at one time or another , we have to put our thinking caps on and figure out to let new members join and get a few people to monitor this , there has got to be a way I have tryed sherrie but have not gotten anywhere somebody must know her personally to find out what's up , any ideas would help
Remember if you don't use it you may loose it !
I will ping her and JohnB again. There seems to be no sense of urgency. I agree, I really like this forum. CTGuntalk is nice too but I know the people here and shoot with some of them.
By Hddreamer
Thanks SR I have met a lot of people On this site and never had a bad experience from buying to selling to giving away to just shooting the breeze I have learned alot , got some tips and gave some too! And would like to see things like that keep on happening
I think this is a great site if they need help running it , I volunteer !you can count on me to help out !
By Sherrie
I just disabled the membership approval module and anyone can sign up. I am not sure what was broken with it, it always worked before. If we get an abundance of fake/bot users signing up, I will have to find a new way to screen them out.
By Sherrie
Also, if anyone wants to volunteer to help keep an eye on the site, I can give my personal contact info to make sure things run smoothly.

I, unfortunately, am spread thin at the moment with new web projects, so I do not purposely check here as often, if I think all is well.
By Hddreamer
Count me in too Sherrie , I'm not a computer wiz but if you can run me through I'll do what ever I can ,
I also am on daily
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!