Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General car chit-chat for the auto guys
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote:She will be running later today! 8)
waiting on the vid..... :whistle:
By myglimk2
She runs! Uploading the vids in a little bit.
By myglimk2
First start up!
http://youtu.be/6AiM9Kd5k34

After I got the idle issue resolved.
http://youtu.be/EviBt37a-Ps
By myglimk2
Please let me know if the links/videos work. First time I ever uploaded to youtube.
By myglimk2
SR9 wrote:Links worked just6 fine. Sounds good!
Thanks! Not going to lie, got a little emotional during the second video seeing it "alive" again. 8)
By myglimk2
SR9 wrote:Certainly understandable, you have done a nice thing to honor your Uncle.
That was Steve and Jordan in the video. Steve is his youngest son and Jordan is a good friend of the family. We were making jokes saying that my uncle would say, "what the f*** did you do to my car?!" lol
By SR9
LOL! Sounds like your Uncle was quite a guy. Unfortunately, mine are all gone now. Good to see family and friends sharing the moment. Definitely better with family.
By Mike-Sid
Great job! How would your Uncle not have been proud and happy? Just great work all around. Congratulation
By myglimk2
Thanks guys! 8)

Still pluggin away on some of the smaller stuff until the header flange comes in.

Hood and scoop are all finished.

Installing new plastic barrier on the driver door and repairing the door panel. I'll be doing this on all four panels/doors.

Front bumper back on and lights hooked up.
By myglimk2
Thanks!

Just got back in from the garage. Been having an issue where the radiator fan wasn't coming on. Narrowed it down to the radiator fan switch. Ordered a new one and now the fan runs as it should. Since I could leave it running for a long period I was able to bleed the coolant system, calibrate the ECU and play with the idle some more.

My cousin is coming over soon to help me with the hard brake lines and bleed all four corners. Then I can torque the wheels down and take her off the jack stands. Once off the stands I can adjust the suspension height. 8)
By myglimk2
Long exhausting night but she is now off the stands!

Made a custom bracket for the spark plug wires to keep them from flopping around.
By myglimk2
Got it outside and drove it around the block a few times. Man, it feels good!

Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!