Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General car chit-chat for the auto guys
By myglimk2
Starting to look like a car again!
(Yes, I will be painting the underside of the hood!)
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote:Got the hood "plasti-dipped" and the brake calipers/brackets along with the control arms painted.
:(
By myglimk2
Not much progress in several days. I did manage to get the exhaust on. Still waiting for the head to button up the engine bay.

By myglimk2
Yah I can't wait! My buddy is coming down from Hartford to shoot the "first start up" video for you guys! 8)
Well, when the head is done and bolted down. Lol

Going to be loud since I am still waiting for the flange adapter for the Autotech headers. Got the email from Autotech today and they said its still on back order. :(
Still need to get a high flow cat too. Then I can tie it all together with the TT 2.25" catback with a flowmaster muffler. I've used these same exhaust systems on lots of my older cars. They have a real nice throaty sound, not like your typical "fart can".
By myglimk2
Anyone with any experience making custom roll cages?
Been tossing around the idea. I want it to be completely removable, I don't want it welded to the body. I would like to be able to unbolt and remove as needed.
By SR9
myglimk2 wrote:Yah I can't wait! My buddy is coming down from Hartford to shoot the "first start up" video for you guys! 8)
Well, when the head is done and bolted down. Lol

Going to be loud since I am still waiting for the flange adapter for the Autotech headers. Got the email from Autotech today and they said its still on back order. :(
Still need to get a high flow cat too. Then I can tie it all together with the TT 2.25" catback with a flowmaster muffler. I've used these same exhaust systems on lots of my older cars. They have a real nice throaty sound, not like your typical "fart can".
A video will be great. I am not a fan of those fart cans either. Hopefully the flange adapter will get here sooner that it looks.
By myglimk2
Finally got the head, manifold, and throttle body back! Now time to get to work!
Gotta pick up some more propane for the heater in the garage. Hoping to have it running this weekend.

This came in also. Just sitting on the hood for now until I get the intake/filter installed to see where I need to position it. Yes, it will be functional.

My old car to give you a better idea. lol
By myglimk2
Cylinder head is installed along with the headers, cam etc. Also, a side by side shot of factory 7mm spark plug wires vs AutoTechs 10.4mm wires.

By myglimk2
Really late night but got a lot done..
By myglimk2
A lot more done today. Should be able to crank it over this weekend!

By myglimk2
SR9 wrote:Lookin good! The head looks like it came out nice. Really good progress you've made there. Hearing that baby run will be like music!
It sure will! 8)
By myglimk2
Another late night and again got quite a bit done. Just about ready to fire her up!

Made some brackets to hold the MAF sensor since I ditched the air box. They're not pretty at the moment but I'll take care of that at a later date.

Installing the custom TT chip.

Got the hood scoop mounted. Still need to cut the hood.

Just about done. Just need to tidy up the radiator fan harness.
By myglimk2
She will be running later today! 8)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!