Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By Hddreamer
Ok , I finally finished my grips on my colt ,one more thinng off the list let me know what you think, thanks
By myglimk2
I don't think the pics are doing the grips any justice! :(
By blueshirt23
Paul,
Looks pretty good. I like the contrast between the reddish wood and the silver. It looks like you blasted the screw heads. Am I correct? How long till it goes off to Novak?
Regards,
Chris
By Hddreamer
Ya the I phone with inside lighting isn't the best conditions just finished them up last night and wanted to get some feed back from it .

It's probley going to novaks beginning of the month if everything works out right ,and yes I blasted the screw heads also , I drilled and tapped a piece of metal ,screwed them in and then blasted them , I did it that way so I wouldn't damage the threads .

Wasn't sure about how dark they came out and also debated if I should have went with a more satin
Finish .
By PaiN
Classy
By CTSixshot
Looks just fine to me! Good job. (I suspect it shoots better now, too.)
By Hddreamer
Couldn't tell ya if it shoots better ...... Believe it or not I never shot it since I bought it , I do crap like that it has to be a certain way before I start using it ,it's just the way I am , and yes I do know that a gun with scratches and dings can shoot just as well ( if not better) I like my stuff to be as nice or unique as possible , I enjoy doing this kind of stuff the only problem I have is when I look at it it's not good enough!
It drives me nuts!
By CTSixshot
Hey, whatever works for you; you hardly have to justify your hobbies/idiosyncrasies to me.
I trend to be the exact opposite...buy a gun and run with it the way it is for ever almost.
Cheers!
By Hddreamer
Well idiosyncrasies I'm not sure of , OCD maybe a touch ,anyway it makes me tick lol
Thanks for the compliment in earlyer post I like to hear what people have to say about my work , like I said earlyer I see what's wrong insted of what's right
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!