Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By J
I woud love to go on this ride but im coaching my sons baseball team this year and he hasgames on both of those days. Can you post the route you take? Ill find a day to ride whenever my son doesnt have sports and my daughter doesnt have cheerleading practice. Also, with my wife in night school, its like i dont have any time for any of my hobbies.
By Mike-Sid
Looks like we will meet at Starbucks in Bristol on rt 6 at 8:30 Saturday 5/17 and leave at 9 sharp! There are lots of gas stations in the area so please fill-up before meeting. Pain has the route details. I'm sure he will fill us in. He lead the way. Last year and when we were not sure where the entrance to the park was he got a local biker to lead us there from town! Remember that?
I'll edit and add this to the original post to make it easier for everyone to follow without reading all the posts.
By PaiN
I took a second trip up to Greylock last year, I know the way in and out now.

We'll group up at Starbucks on rt 6 in Bristol(in the Bristol Plaza just down from Yankee HD) and leave at 9am sharp.

Mike and I worked this route out to be 300+ miles of good riding:
Rt 69 to rt4 to rt179n up into Granville MA, rt57w to rt 8n to Mt. Greylock summit(eats and views) out to rt 2w to rt7s back into NW CT
By PaiN
On Sunday I rode the lower part of the route I posted and I'm going to make a change. Rt179 is good up to the MA boarder where it starts to get choppy, above that the connecting roads and rt57 are torn to shreds form this winter and still loaded with sand, probably not to much fun for a group ride.
Instead of going into MA on rt179, we'll hook west on rt 20 for a really nice run over Barkhamsted Reservoir and Tunxis to rt8. Rt20 and 8 are in excellent condition.
By Mike-Sid
Looks like Mike has it all figured out. Mike will be leading the pack again. Just a reminder Looks like we will meet at Starbucks in Bristol on rt 6 at 8:30 Saturday 5/17 and leave at 9 sharp! There are lots of gas stations in the area so please fill-up before meeting

Last year was a great ride. I hope for good weather for this year.

FYI Mass has a helmet law so wear you helmets, and of course Mass does not recognize our CT pistol permits, so unless you have one that they recognize...leave it home, if not you're on your own.
By PaiN
I made a little "change" today.....I didn't want anyone to get lost so I got a BIG RED ASS for everyone to follow.... :lol:

2013 Victory Cross Country

By Mike-Sid
Looks great!
By Mike-Sid
How's the ride?
By denick
Mike, Mike, Mike!

Good Riding!
By myglimk2
Bike looks good, Mike!

Well, other than those *flower* looking things around the pin stripes... :cheer:
By J
Beautiful ride. I like the deep red color. You can probably fit a 12 pack and some burgers or something for a cookout if you guys stop at a scenic point during the ride.
By PaiN
In case anyone missed the text that went out yesterday on Saturday's weather.
The ride is going as scheduled. Bring rain gear for the morning if needed, weather reports are all over the board, but there is expected clearing by afternoon especially to the north. If on Saturday morning there is severe or unsafe conditions we'll likely not go, use your own good judgement.

Hope everyone can make it. 8)
By Mike-Sid
We are still going!!! We might leave a bit later but going to meet at 9. You can text Pain or me () if you are running late or want to check in to say you are going or not.(keep in mind I'm hitting the road at 8 so I will not see your text if sent at 8 until I get to the spot)
Last edited by Mike-Sid on Sat May 17, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JohnFH
Enjoy guys, too many miles for me right now.
Maybe we can do a shorter afternoon ride later this year.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!