Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By Mike-Sid
PaiN wrote:I had a text conversation with Josh and Andy this morning and it looks like they can make it again also.
I'm getting excited....This ride was a blast last year.
That's great. Will be a another awesome ride.
By mu2bdriver
I was just up there late Friday/early Saturday for a hike up the Thunderbolt. There's still a little snow on the trails and road but looking out over Adams and Pittsfield is a great experience in the middle of the night.
By PaiN
There is a CCDL benefit on the 18th.
Can we cinch this down for Saturday the 17th?
By Mike-Sid
PaiN wrote:There is a CCDL benefit on the 18th.
Can we cinch this down for Saturday the 17th?
Ok I'm in for the 17th
By myglimk2
Mike-Sid wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:Hopefully. Still have quite a bit to get done.
What kind of bike do you have? What's the story?
Honda VLX 600 Shadow.
Here's a teaser. I don't think it'll be ready this year though. :(
Everything is there. It starts but won't stay running, ever since someone messed with the carb. :roll: And, I know it'll need a new battery.

What I want it to look similar to, minus the flames. I HATE flames, on anything!
Last edited by myglimk2 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote: Honda VLX 600 Shadow.
Here's a teaser. I don't think it'll be ready this year though. :(
You might be able to see the end of the season if you get going on your M endorsement and start putting some time into getting that bike fixed up and running.
By myglimk2
That's another thing I have to work on to. :wall:
By myglimk2
Some more photos...
By Mike-Sid
Looks like a good project. Going to come out nice. Maybe Mike will help you out. :stick:
By myglimk2
I guess I can let him wash it. :lol:
By JohnB
hpw did they mess with the carb ?
By myglimk2
He said they played with the points? But since then it hasn't stayed running. I don't know much about carbs so I was thinking of giving it to a friend to rebuild for me. I don't care about adding power to the bike. I just want it to look good and run like it did from factory.

EDIT: I'm assuming they played with the jets in the carb.
By JohnB
points are a part of the ignition/timing system..nothing to do with the carb
probably worthwhile buying a service manual from ebay..they cover everything..if its just a points problem thats a pretty easy fix rather than tearing down and rebuilding the carb
By JohnB
jets are pretty easy to change..worth knowing whats in there, normally 2 jets..low speed and high speed..should be a screw for idle adjustment too..id put it back to stock and go from there..is that the original exhaust ?
By myglimk2
He said they had the carb. My friend who has the bike isn't to mechanically inclined. He told me his brother had the carb off to get the work done.
I said the same thing when he said points. I asked if he meant jets? So when I finally get the bike down here I'll have to see exactly what it's doing and plucking away at the obvious stuff first. A repair manual for the bike is first on my list.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!