Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By Hddreamer
By the way JohnFH , awesome gun !!!
By blueshirt23
I never stripped the gun down to the frame but found directions online. Pretty straightforward. My plan was to wait till I was ready to go forward with the refinish before I disassembled it. I think having the frame and small parts glass bead blasted would give you a nice result. If you send Novaks the slide, they will probably refinish the top of the slide after machining. Obviously, you would have to confirm with them about it.
Regards,
Chris
Last edited by blueshirt23 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hddreamer
Well thought about it and decided to totally strip my mustang and also decided to bead blast it , we have a bead blasting machine at work and will do it myself it was alittle difficult to take apart nothing mind blowing hopefully after I get done blasting it it will go back together as easy I never did a strip to bare frame before :roll:
By Hddreamer
Well I got it back together ! Bead blasted the frame , put a stainless guide rod in and installed a titanium trigger let me know what you think

By myglimk2
That came out great, good job! 8)
By Hddreamer
Thanks Jeff !
By blueshirt23
Very cool. I can't tell from the picture if you also did the slide stop. I bet it looks even better in person. Just a suggestion, maybe something to consider is to tape off the flat parts of the slide and then blast the grooves in the cocking serrations to clean them up. If you're feeling adventurous, maybe refinish the top of the slide while you are at it.
By Hddreamer
I was thinking of that but wanted to get in touch with Novak when I talked to them last they said they finish the slide , so I need to see how they will do it and if they can match the frame ,I would hate to do it and then it comes back marked up and I really don't want to do it after the new sights are put on
By blueshirt23
I totally forgot about you changing the sights. That gun is going to be nicest pocket gun once you are finished.
By Hddreamer
Thanks , I hope so nothin wrong with a good shooting gun that looks nice too!
By blueshirt23
Did you blast the grip screws also?
By Hddreamer
No , but now that you brought it to my attention that will need to go on the
to-do list I totally forgot about them ,
I have a nice piece of fancy walnut that I may try to make some grips with also .
By Hddreamer
Posted some pics on the gallery if anyone's interested on how things are going :)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!