Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By myglimk2
Just brought home our new GSD. This is Abby, she'll be a year next week. Jetta on the right, which most of you guys know her. :D
She'll be 5 this year.

Abby on the left.

Jetta is closest to the camera here. Had to snap this one quick as they were constantly running around the house. :lol:
By myglimk2
Haha, thanks! They're both finally just now starting to calm down from playing.
By Hddreamer
What a nice set of dogs ! ,best of luck with them Jeff .
By myglimk2
Thanks Paul!

Not much sleep last night. I'll post a pic in a little bit on why. :lol:
By myglimk2
This is what we had to deal with all night. :roll:

By classacked
Two beautiful dogs !! Enjoy every minute with them.
By denick
Enjoy Jeff,

Nice looking dogs. We've been looking for a GSD for a while it's been hard to find one.
By myglimk2
Thanks guys!

Nick, they're out there. Just not cheap by any means. We really lucked out with Abby. My wife's father put us on to her since it was a guy he knew/worked with. Abby's parents are straight from Germany and part of an award winning show bloodline. Abby was part of a surprise litter and was the last one that they could not keep. She has already taken 3rd place and is registered in every which way you can think of! I still have to go through all the papers. lol
They just wanted a good home for her so they interviewed quite a few other people before us. We were the only ones that Abby didn't bark at and came right to us. My wife and I couldn't have been happier when they asked "so when you want to take her home?" lol. They said they knew we were the right ones for her and the home they wanted her to go to. :D
Jetta and Abby are doing very well with each other today. Abby is refusing to go to the bathroom outside (she is house trained). We think it's just the change in environment and is adjusting. Took her a while to eat last night and she ate right away this morning. So we believe she just needs a little time.
By Malaga2
Beautiful dogs !
By myglimk2
Thanks T!

As soon as I can trust her off the leash I'll have to bring them both up to run around in that big field. :wink:
By myglimk2
Need your guys thoughts or opinions.

Abby seems to be adjusting well here. Her and Jetta are getting along fantastic now. She loves our two sons. Now here is the issue. We were told she is house broken. I take them both out multiple times a day. Jetta goes no problem but Abby has not peed or pooped since yesterday. She's done her business twice now in the house (peed and pooped twice). My wife and I took them around the block to see if she would go and she didn't. We laid down newspaper just in case she has to go tonight. She doesn't whine or go to the back door yet when she has to go (Jetta does this). She doesn't seem like she is stressed at all, she actually seems to be quite comfortable now since last night.
Well, I guess it really could only be one of two things. 1. She isn't house broken. or 2. She is still adapting to her new home.

When we moved here a few years ago I remember Jetta would not eat. That lasted a few days to a week if I remember correctly. We had to take to her to my moms as she would eat there. So I'm wondering if this is something similar to what is going on with Abby.

Let me know your thoughts, guys!

Thanks!
By myglimk2
SR9 wrote:Great look'in dogs ya got there. I have 2 hounds and they have been great. Both are rescues.

Enjoy
Thanks! 8)
By Hddreamer
I think you hit it right on the head , it's a new environment to her probley freaked out a bit , put yourself in her shoes new people , new house,new yard etc. I think she'll come around just gonna take some time to be comfortable
It's eather that or Jetta told her to mess with you guys a bit ! :)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!