Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By Hddreamer
I'm thinkin Hammonasset beach myb even som spots towards old saybrook
By Hddreamer
Jeff that light strip you used in the picture ,dose it have resisters?
By myglimk2
Hddreamer wrote:Jeff that light strip you used in the picture ,dose it have resisters?
Yes, very small ones. It was one of those pre-made strips you can pick up at Walmart or an auto parts store. Walmart is a bit cheaper for them though. I'll send you a strip if you need one.
By Hddreamer
No, just wondering,
I made a stealth alert for the detector , using a 1/4 jack and a led
The led has no resister and lights anytime the detector would sound I'll put pics up once I "clean " everything up to make it nice and neat
By myglimk2
Awesome, can't wait to see it! 8)
By Hddreamer
Here is what it looks like

By myglimk2
Wow, that looks great! Did an awesome job on that, Paul!
By Hddreamer
Thanks Jeff not hard to do the led is just loose on there right now but I'm gonna put a rare earth magnet on the led so it will stay put on the telescoping arm I used a blue led just to be alittle different the magnet will make for easy on and easy off applications
By myglimk2
I had to put a longer LED strip on. Was having trouble seeing the sides of the screen at night. Looked fine in the house with the lights off but once I got it outside and tried using it I realized I couldn't see the "depth" and "mode" sides.

Here's the cover for the unit. Looks much better than all the yellow. lol
By myglimk2
Hddreamer wrote:Thanks Jeff not hard to do the led is just loose on there right now but I'm gonna put a rare earth magnet on the led so it will stay put on the telescoping arm I used a blue led just to be alittle different the magnet will make for easy on and easy off applications
Think using that magnet will screw with the readings? I don't think it should be a problem being that far away from the coil, but it being close to the "brains" may be an issue..?
By Hddreamer
You got a very good point maybe I should stick with Velcro ,a magnet would be a lot cleaner lookin unless maybe I can come up with some kind of clip for it :huh:
By myglimk2
I would give it a try first. You could always set up some targets and see how it behaves with and without the magnet.
By Hddreamer
I was on a metal detector forum the other day and was shocked to see how many regulations there were for metal detecting !
Pretty soon we will probley have to register them too!
By myglimk2
Hddreamer wrote:I was on a metal detector forum the other day and was shocked to see how many regulations there were for metal detecting !
Pretty soon we will probley have to register them too!
I saw them as well. Fortunately, I don't think they care to much in this state, yet, about metal detecting.
By Hddreamer
Hopefully not ,it would suck getting our detectors confiscated
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!