Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN
I was out gun shopping the other day and I realized something I want to talk about.
With the 10round limit now in place, larger size, small caliber pistols have lost much appeal. In fact, looking over the G17 gen4's, M&P9's, SR9's etc. I couldn't bring myself to bother even having them taken out of the case. I couldn't help but feel I was getting "less" and the large size was just made these pistols cumbersome with no real purpose.
I moved on to smaller guns designed for 10rounds or less, .45's and revolvers.
Anybody else have to same feeling?
By nuke
Repeat of 94 ban. Can't carry a "wonder nine" so I'll carry a 1911/45, very common back in the day and my plan now.
By myglimk2
I've lost interest in pretty much all semi auto pistols. Turns out I'm a "revolver guy" after all. :lol:

But yes that is a good point. The only logical reason now to get a full size (other than a 1911) would be some one with big hands who wants a semi auto.
By hanoverfiste
A few months before the ban I sold my G19 and got a G27 again, smallest 10rd 40cal I like. I always have carried a 7 shot 357mag 386PD Smith revolver that weighs in a tad over 17 oz(exciting with magnums...), so the ban doesn't bother me THAT much. But a the bigger Glocks are still a favorite of mine but no reason for big gun, low cap mag.....

In the woods its a 629 or 620 Smith unless I'm running or biking, then the G27 goes in a fag bag......
By XM15
My CC won't change any because I've been carrying my Kimber GR since '06. My work gun is a G21, but since it is for OC the frame size doesn't matter. I like full size .45s anyways. :)

Then there is always the Model 29...
By PaiN
I've always liked the small semi-auto's better. The SR9c(in 10round config.) is pretty much the "go too, do everything" pistol for me. I also appriciate the little DB9 for what it is.
By XM15
My usual BUG is a PM9. Small autos definately have their place. In a pinch the reload is much faster than wrestling with a J-frame.
By BigJonBoy
I got me a ruger lc9 for this very reason. 8 rounds in the gun, and a spare 7 round mag in my pocket aint too bad. now if only I could find one of those new 9 round mags...
By DanTSX
Glock 30
By Sebring_Pop
It's like buying a Corvette with a 4 cylinder.
By CTSixshot
I've only had the same two handguns since the beginning and never was able to chase every new thing under the sun. It seems as though the current legislative environment is simply pushing carriers to carry more than one gun to sustain previous levels of firepower.
Okay, there is a 10 round magazine limit, but is there any law about having three guns, each with a ten round magazine? Yes, I realize it may be a bit cumbersome with multiple guns...
...hey, I saw a fella on "Bonanza" with a pistol on each hip!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!