Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
In 2004 someone broke into my house and stole a 1923 or 1924 Swedish Mauser. This is an all matching number gun. I have a little brass plate I had made with the date of the gun on it, but it was so long ago I always mix up 1923 and 24. Suffice to say if you have either just check to see if there is a timney trigger in it. (Partucularly if you came into posession of it after 2004).

The things that make this one unique and easier to identify are:
1) I installed a Timney Trigger in it (I believe the body was gold in color). 2) It also had the rectangular black plate tacked to the stock, not in picture (upside down, with round headed brass nails).
3) If you look at the photos there are some marks that could help identify this gun (as if the timney trigger wasnt enough). The bayonet was stolen also, but I don't expect I'll ever get that.

I called the DPS to get the serial number, but they couldn't be bothered to look it up cause it was in "Archives". If you think you have this rifle I will reimburse you what you paid for it (as I was paid by insurance). I figure that now that internet is so prevelant (and wasnt back then) maybe I have a shot at getting this back. It was stolen from my home in Torrington and sold for $80 in Heroin, I find it hard to believe it's not still in this state.

Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!