Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By jerryd
I have a Kimber Stainless Tgt 2 that is my duty weapon, had it for about 8yrs, over 7k thru it no problems. Shoots everything from hot +p loads to my dirty lead reloads. this will be my 9th year for carrying on duty, just keep it clean and change the springs regulary and lube it.
By hayes1966
I have a Kimber Custom Target II and Kimber Custom II. Both are excellent firearms. I have not had an issue with either of them.
By Hddreamer
Hayes , do you have any feeding problems with your kimbers? I've been wanting to pick up a 9mm solo but all I've heard about them are total nightmares it seems that the only rounds that work well with them are premium brand ammo and 115 g will not fire properly at all , just curious if you ran across anything like this or if it's just the solos I have heard a lot of good ,as a matter of fact ONLY good till I started looking into a pocket 9
Since then I have not heard any good about the solos
By hayes1966
Mine are 45acp and I have no feeding issues.
By CTSixshot
Hddreamer wrote:Hayes , do you have any feeding problems with your kimbers? I've been wanting to pick up a 9mm solo but all I've heard about them are total nightmares it seems that the only rounds that work well with them are premium brand ammo and 115 g will not fire properly at all , just curious if you ran across anything like this or if it's just the solos I have heard a lot of good ,as a matter of fact ONLY good till I started looking into a pocket 9
Since then I have not heard any good about the solos
Sounds like a candidate for reloading. Do these guns function with the heavier fodder?
No guarantee that you'll get that magic recipe, of course.
I guess it makes more sense just to buy something that takes 99% of available ammo and forget about the special recipes!
By Jason
Over time, I tried all the 1911 style pistols in the Hoffman's rental counter.

I was told that the 1911's that fed 9mm seemed to jam more and this was my experience as well.

It was also apparent that they were not kept up as well as someone would clean and maintain a personally owned pistol. I suspect that simply replacing springs would have fixed the feed issues they had.

-Jason
By Hddreamer
I was wondering because the solo ,on kimbers web site states it has to use 124 or 147 grain ammo just can't for the life of me figure out why they can't make it work with any type of ammo since all othe company's could
By CTSixshot
I don't really know the "Solo" but maybe Kimber owns a lead mining operation...?
By Hddreamer
You might be on to somthing G
By XM15
I've had a Grand Raptor since '06 and it has served me well. Its due for a little refresh when I get the extra money, but it will still serve its purpose until then.

I haven't handled the Solo, but since I have a PM9, I don't feel the need to check it out. No problems with any ammo through the Kahr so far.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!