Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By hayes1966
Are stores required to record what ammo was bought by whom?
By CTSixshot
Any clue what the certificate will look like? I can see the application, but what constitutes a valid state-issued ammo permit that will be possessed by the permit holder? A photo permit similar to my CT Carry Permit, just marked ammo permit?
By Mopar
I didnt notice any provisions (this time around) to record/send in the info, just verify the buyer is permitted.

I also don't know what the ammo permit looks like, but I suspect it doesn't have a photo. There doesn't seem to be any requirement to submit a photo with the application, or to have to apply in person so they could take a pic. Also, the new law requires someone making a purchase with the new ammo permit to also submit a govt-issued photo ID along with the ammo
permit. That requirement isn't there if you purchase ammo with any of the other levels of permit.

To be clear, if you already have a pistol permit, Certificate of Eligibility, or the new long gun permit, you dont need this ammo permit. This is really only for those people who already own guns and never intend to purchase another for the rest of their lives in CT. This permit lets them buy ammo and mags for their guns. Of course, there are an estimated 300,000+ people in CT who own at leat one gun and DONT have any form of permit.
By LTB45
I have seen the permit.
It looks a lot like a Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers.
There IS a picture on it.
By Mopar
LTB45 wrote:I have seen the permit.
It looks a lot like a Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers.
There IS a picture on it.
I did some checking, and you are correct. Even though the application implies it can be mailed in, you MUST submit the initial application in person at the Country Club Rd location in Middletown. Your photo will be taken at that time. I was also told you are not supposed to sign the application until you are in their presence (which is not mentioned anywhere on the application).
By CTSixshot
Thanks.
At least I'll have some idea what to expect for those that have them. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been much the wiser.
G
By downrange
I have a Ct. LTC.

I have two pending ammo mail orders arriving tomorrow 10/2 at my home via UPS and Fed Ex. One from Mayfield, Ky. and Anniston, Al. What are my odds of taking delivery now that this stupid law is in effect?
By Hddreamer
I would put money on it you'll get them , after all you BOUGHT them before 10/1/2013
By downrange
gentlemen,

No issues with delivery.

What do you think of this new infringement. What the"tango foxtrot" does this have to do with public safety?
By JohnB
wait until down the line and they add a "suitability clause" to these new permits..thats when the real fun will start
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!