Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with fishing. Feel free to tell the tale of the one that got away.
By myglimk2
Any of you guys do it?

After seeing 3+feet Carp in my usual water hole I've decided to give it a try. Went to Cabelas tonight with a friend to pick out a nice bow fishing setup.

(This is similar to the one I got.) Couldn't find the exact one on there site. looks the same though! :lol:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/AMS-Bowf ... l+Products

Any who. Was curious also to see what you guys are using for string releases? Pulled back on the string a few times and I don't think it's going to feel very good after holding for a while to get a good shot or after multiple shots. :roll:
By newguy
I see guys at the Portland Fairgrounds in the spring when the CT river floods into the fairgrounds. Once it flood waters go down there big pools filled with carp and they all use Bows down there. I have watched them do it but i can't see the point of shooting giant goldfish
By myglimk2
Well I can't see waiting until they're cornered and have no where to go. One of my normal spots is at Lake Lillinonah. So I won't be waiting until they are cornered. I am going to try and sneak up as close as possible from the boat.
Carp are a destructive species and actually do more harm than good (I Did some research). Regardless if you can eat them or not. You're actually helping the ecosystem by knocking down there numbers. Lake Lillinonah seems to full of them this year.
By myglimk2
Here's the setup.

By AGust82
Get a string release. Wraps around the wrist and you pull a trigger to release arrow. It'll improve your accuracy to unbelievably as well.

By myglimk2
AGust82 wrote:Get a string release. Wraps around the wrist and you pull a trigger to release arrow. It'll improve your accuracy to unbelievably as well.

Thanks! I am definitely ordering one. Was waiting for someone to chime in with a recommended release. Thanks, Agust!
By jerryd
1/4 stick of dynamite wrapped with some solder works better, more fish at a time!!!
By myglimk2
Very first shot ever with this bow. 8)
By Hermes
If you're not going to eat the carp, I'll gladly take it off your hands next time (assuming the drive is reasonable, and I'm not busy). Carp are pretty good on the grill.
By myglimk2
Hermes wrote:If you're not going to eat the carp, I'll gladly take it off your hands next time (assuming the drive is reasonable, and I'm not busy). Carp are pretty good on the grill.
Hermes, you can take them all, I'm located in Shelton. I don't really have a freezer big enough for them.
By JohnB
how about some cooked carp pics ?
By CTSixshot
JohnB wrote:how about some cooked carp pics ?
JohnB:
You mean how about some cooked carp, don't you?
By myglimk2
Yuckies, you guys can eat all the Carp you want! :lol:

This one actually got away from me. I set it down then it started flopping and slid down the hill back into the water. :shrug:
Surprisingly, it swam off with two huge holes in it. My brother in law was telling me there is a Chinese place close by that use to take Carp in trade for a meal. Going to look into this route also. Forum members will have first dibs though! Just know that I don't have anything big enough to keep them cool so they'll have to be picked up in a timely manner. Unless I gut and chop em up. But will need some sort compensation. :P
By CTSixshot
Be quiet... Malloy will be taxing you!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!