Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Class III Shooting
By nvisn
Ok, I have finally decided to do this. I am going to make my AR into an SBR.

Question 1: can I register a lower as an SBR and have multiple caliber uppers for it, of do I have to register it as a "multi" like how it is marked on my lower?

Question 2: is there anybody here in CT that can do NFA engraving while I wait?
By AgentP
On your form you would put .223/5.56 as your caliber. What I did on a seperate sheet ( provided by the gun shop ) was right down other calibers....9mm, 22lr, 7.63x39mm....ect. My lower is only marked 5.56mm. I've heard other people only send in their form with the one caliber.

Jojos or delta arsenal can engrave your lower. But you can't do that until you get your stamp back. Same 3-6 month wait like anything else. Good luck.
By jkysmrf
Brass City trophy did my engraving. Think it was $25 or $30. I engraved mine before I got the stamp back.
By Mike-Sid
You can and I would get it engraved before your stamp arrives. Your name on the lower is meaningless without the stamp. Do not put together a SBR before the stamp is in hand!
By bportgunner
you use to be able to put down multi in the caliber section, but they now want you to put which caliber uppers you plan on using.ex. 9mm,5.56,etc before sending in the form 1 i HIGHLY suggest you install the trigger guard and send it to indent to have the engraving done. you will save mucho money on the engraving and they do top notch work. i heard of butches out there who sent in their forms and ended up busting the ear off the lower.. scary stuff..

like mike said, i have all my parts except one to put my sbr together :roll: until the my stamp comes in.. the wait sucks!!!!!!!
By nvisn
Thanks for the heads up all!
By resinator
I waited 7 months for my SBR form to arrive. It was rough with all the parts just sitting there, waiting to be put togeather. Doug at Delta Arsenal has the laser ingraving done by a local machine shop in Wallingford. Real nice job.

I will post some pictures of mine shortly..

:roll:
By Droopy
I've seen a few places mentioned here for engraving. My stamp should be arriving within weeks (had to send the form 1 back for a correction).

Anyone care to post pics of their engravings (appropriate name blanked out if so inclined)?

I'd like to get mine done and would like to see examples, who did it and how long it took. While you wait? I'm an instant gratification kinda guy ...
By MessEleven
Droopy wrote:
I'd like to get mine done and would like to see examples, who did it and how long it took. While you wait? I'm an instant gratification kinda guy ...
This time of year is out of the question for "while-you-wait" at most engravers. Spring is the busiest time of the year for trophy shops and engravers, so you're probably out of luck until mid-June.
By jkysmrf
http://engraveyourgift.com

He is right in New Britain, does it while you wait. He has engraved 3 lowers for me already. Easy to work with. Very fair pricing. He did mine under the trigger guard out of sight on the ARs. Nice and deep. He offers color fill as well.
By Droopy
jkysmrf wrote:http://engraveyourgift.com

He is right in New Britain, does it while you wait. He has engraved 3 lowers for me already. Easy to work with. Very fair pricing. He did mine under the trigger guard out of sight on the ARs. Nice and deep. He offers color fill as well.
jkysmrf,

Thanks a bunch.

Gave him a call, he told me to come on up. Went on my lunch break. Took about 30 minutes. Evidently he does work for some of the LGS.

As an aside, I had already installed and pinned my Magpul stock, obviously it would have made it easier on him with a stripped lower. He had to do the engraving on the RH side of the magwell.

$20.00 and the deed was done!
By jkysmrf
Good deal
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!