Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General car chit-chat for the auto guys
By ChrisNCT
Challengers getting the Supercharger!

I ordered it on Tuesday. Incoming is a Magnuson Hemi 5.7/6.1 Supercharger. Will give me 6lbs of boost with 20RWHP at each lb. So I am gaining another 120HP to the ground.

It's pretty easy to put in as they are designed for each type of car they go in.

Gonna be awesome!!!!! :twisted:

Image[/img]
By Sebring_Pop
Sweet as sweet could be.
By myglimk2
Good stuff, Chris! I have a ton of tools and a compressor here in my garage if you need to use any. :wink:
By XM15
Who are you going to have tune it?
By ChrisNCT
myglimk2 wrote:Good stuff, Chris! I have a ton of tools and a compressor here in my garage if you need to use any. :wink:
Wont be needing them, I got plenty of shop tools and equipment. You just wanna play with the supercharger!

I am sending Magnuson my vehicle data, exhaust system,throttle body, air intake system etc and they will send me a file to load into the car. That should hold me over till I hit a dyno next month.
Last edited by ChrisNCT on Fri May 10, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By myglimk2
ChrisNCT wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:Good stuff, Chris! I have a ton of tools and a compressor here in my garage if you need to use any. :wink:
Wont be needing them, I got plenty of shop tools and equipment. You just wanna play with the supercharger!
I do! :oops:
I miss the whine from my old Jetta.
By XM15
Is it a twinscrew or roots blower?

There better be plenty of pics and a video from the dyno. 8)
By ChrisNCT
I came home to find my recent orders.

Petty SRT Front Strut Brace in the color Deep Water Blue Pearl

and SRT Functional Hood Scoops.

As soon as my Magnuson Supercharger shows up next week, I can then install the strut brace.

Installed within minutes.....

By CTSixshot
Get up to 350 mph and you'll benefit from ram air compression, too.
By Mike-Sid
Real Nice Chris! That is going to be a monster! Hope I can check it out when it's done. This will cut some time off your commute to work too.
By myglimk2
That's the company that made the supercharger for my Jetta. Although "Neuspeed" put there name on it. :roll:
Sent mine back Magnuson out in Kalifornia for a new rotor group and bearings. When I bought it (used) it had excessive play in the shaft. $950 bill. :wall:
It was good to go once I got it all together along with the rest of the mods I did to the car!
By ChrisNCT
It was delivered last night. Going to be SWEET!

Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!