Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By PaiN
I was on the hunt today for something small and easy to carry.....9mm's just don't get any smaller than this Diamondback DB9.
Range report to follow.

Vs. my EDC SR9c
By denick
Nice SR9C you have there!
By PaiN
denick wrote:Nice SR9C you have there!
Thanks Nick, its one of the best pistols I've ever owned. Luv the thing :D

As for the DB9, I got close to 200 rounds through it tonight 115g UMC, AE, Blazer Brass and 125g Oracle loads.In the first 100 or so rounds there was a couple of "stove pipe" mis-feeds across all the types. The later 100 settled right down with no problems. The gun is small and very tight(it has a non-captive, dual-spring, all steel recoil assembly), so it was very sensitive to limp-wristing. It did start breaking in after 100 rounds but the little gun gave me a workout. Anyway, little guns are always iffy with me as to accuracy but this one is fine. After getting used to it, I was easily keeping all rounds in 3" at 7-10yards. This DB9 was particularly accurate with the 125g Oracle cast loads(thanks JohnFH :wink: ). The last 40 rounds I let rip, firing and loading as fast as I could...the gun didn't miss a beat and as stout as its recoil is, the pulse is pretty much straight back, making the DB9 easily controllable in rapid fire.
Even though the DB9 is small and relatively inexpensive(~$400 NIB) , there is nothing "cheap" about it. The innards are well built, the frame is solid feeling and the pistol has no rattles or any play at all in the slide.
That's my take in it for now.
By PaiN
SR9 wrote:Very nice Pain. Thanks for the range report.
I wish I had a "carry" report for everyone.....I was out all day yesterday and it would have been perfect. I don't have a holster for the DB9, the thought did cross my mind to just slip it in my waistband but oped to wait and carry the SR9c in my usual appendix position. I put the gun on at 10am and didn't take it off until about 9pm. I can't say the SR9c carries hard but by the end of the day I was ready to take it off. Yesterday, I wore my typical warm weather clothes, T-shirt and jeans/cargo shorts with the wind blowing and general moving around the gun prints a lot. I didn't have to deal with too much heat yesterday either...which is my main reason for a "summer carry". When its hot & humid I want as little bulk as possible. The SR9c would have been a real burden if I was dealing with that, its where the DB9 is going to shine.

btw: Fully loaded with 7rounds of 124g HP's the DB9= 15.7oz 8)
The SR9c = 27.5oz
By SR9
I have done the same in some ways. I switch to pocket carry in a wallet holster when dress/activity/environment become a factor. Otherwise it's my LC9 in a IWB holster as my EDC.
By XM15
How is the trigger?
By PaiN
2dobies wrote:Sure they get smaller than that
http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/node/9
I don't know John :? .....The Rohrbaugh is slightly smaller in grip height & length but the Diamondback is lighter and thinner, not too mention more than $500 less......
I've also read that the Rohrbaugh is mind numbingly ammo picky, the DB9 seems to be pretty happy with all ammo I've used so far.
XM15 wrote:How is the trigger?
Surprisingly smooth, nice clean break....
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!