Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By joesi
does anyone know what the details are on this new law! and what weapons are being banned...
By joesi
i am politics stupid!! what does this mean in short
By zeykshade
Any LCMs you purchased before Malloy signs this abortion, is grandfathered in. You have until 1/1/2014 to declare you ownership to the DPS, don't know what that means yet.

If you import, offer for sale, buy a LCM after he signs the abortion, you're a felon. If you don't declare your LCM before 1/1/2014, you pay a $90fine for the first offense, felony charges after that.

AWB is expanded to any rifle that has ONE mean looking feature. Existing rifles grandfathered in.

If you don't have a Pistol Permit already and wish to buy ammo, you'll have to get a certificate of eligibility. That certificate is already available, it's basically what you pay for when you get your background check done by your local PD for the Pistol Permit.

Age for buying a rifle or shotgun, increased from 18 to 21. Not only can those who we send to fight our corporate wars of exploration not buy a beer legally, they can't buy rifles and shotguns now.

5yrs from now another bunch middle class kids will be horribly killed and they'll remove the grandfathering of LCM and AW, since they have a list they'll just come "reimburse" us for them with a gift certificate to Dick's or some B.S.. Another 5yrs down the road they'll label hunting rifles or optics as "Sniper Style" and they'll ban anything but double rifles and O/U SxS shotguns. Slippery slope is a real thing despite what any other liberal tells you. I say "other liberal" because I'm a progressive myself. I just happen to believe the 2nd Amendment is a Civil Liberty just like Voting, Speech, Equal Protection Under the Law, Due Process, Freedom of Religion(even though I'm an athiest) etc.

IANAL, so this doesn't qualify as legal advice. If you want to know the real legal ramifications of this legislation, consult an attorney.
By joesi
thanks zeykshade for your help, it seems that my local gun shop does not fully understand yet. and they are saying that i need proof that i owened my evil lcm before april!! well shit i had four lcm five years before my first ar-15. and they were givin to me! how the hell does one prove that!!
By Hermes
Does anyone know if surplus 7.62x54R is consider "armor-piercing" under the new law? I know there are metallic (magnetic) components in those bullets, but to what extent I have no idea. How about M855 5.56mm?
By MessEleven
Hermes wrote:Does anyone know if surplus 7.62x54R is consider "armor-piercing" under the new law? I know there are metallic (magnetic) components in those bullets, but to what extent I have no idea. How about M855 5.56mm?
Depends on when it was manufactured. The silver/gold tip ammo is generally steel core, and thus "armor piercing" under the new definitions. The older Yugo and Soviet surplus stuff made in the 40's and 50's is lead-core, and thus good to go.
By MessEleven
Sorry...make that silver/yellow tip ammo.
By newguy
7.62x54R surplus not going to matter much longer anyways when they sign on to that UN small arms and ammo treaty means no more surplus ammo from overseas
By MessEleven
newguy wrote:7.62x54R surplus not going to matter much longer anyways when they sign on to that UN small arms and ammo treaty means no more surplus ammo from overseas
That will never pass the House (and probably not the Senate either,) a requirement of it becoming a U.S. law. Your lead-core Mosin-Nagant ammo is safe.
By SR9
I am not sure if the steel core stuff is really considered armor piercing since it was standard issue. I have to re-read that part of the new law and review the definition of AP.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!