Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General car chit-chat for the auto guys
By SR9
My current bike is an old 1985 Ninja 600 which I have enjoyed for the last 5 years. Sport bikes are great and certainly perform well but things change and I was considering just getting out of bikes all together.

During the later part of last week my oldest son sent me a pic of a nice cruiser and asked if I had any interest. I said I would go take a look at it and this followed me home Saturday :

The condition and price was too good to walk away from.

The details :

Year 2004
Make Honda
Model Shadow VT750
Mileage 7600
Weight 539lbs(dry)
By Mike-Sid
Beautiful! Congrats! When are we going for a ride? I went for a short 16 mile ride Thursday....Cold!

That F'n bike is like new! 7500 miles, holy shit, barley broken in....good find!
By myglimk2
I want a bike more and more! Maybe this year? 8)

Bike looks great!
By JohnB
nice !
By SR9
Thanks guys! It was a good find, my son takes the credit for that.

Mike - As soon as it warms up a bit more, was a cold ride home Saturday in the snow showers.

One thing I noticed Saturday while riding home : Once I was cold the wind chill at 50 was about the same as 90.

Actually, just my hands got cold. The rest was covered up quite well. Still far too cold to enjoy but I saw 2 other bikes out there on the highway. Guess I was not the only one wishing for spring.
By Mike-Sid
How far did you go? I'm hoping to take a ride tomorrow and Friday, and Saturday too!
By SR9
Not too far, about 20 miles on the trip meter. All of it around town. I started out late since I had some things to take care of for my wife before dinner.
By Mike-Sid
Went for a couple rides, 36 miles yesterday and 70 today. Stopped by JohnB's house for a quick visit too.

I hope to go for a ride tomorrow too. Hey Vin, Let me know if you want to go for a ride tomorrow!
By SR9
I will likely go out Saturday but just for a short time. My wife's mother is not doing well and we will probably visit her in the afternoon.

Any time best for you?
By Mike-Sid
I went for a short,60-70 mile ride with SR9 today, what a nice bike he got! Real nice, JohnB is going to cry when he sees it! :lol: I think there will be many more rides to come with SR9 this season. I can't wait for real warm weather.
By SR9
It was a good time for sure. Good to get out there with you and that very sweet bike you have. That is an awesome ride!

Can't wait for the warmer weather!
By CTSixshot
Yes, it's amazing how cold it can be when just sitting there idle breaking the wind...even at 70 degrees or more. You have to dress accordingly, for sure! Wait til you hit the wind and rain out in Wyoming and yonder parts...you'll be going down the road leaning into the wind with the breath sucked out of your lungs (and I had a Windjammer to boot)!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!