Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By AGust82
I was in Middletown today to renew my permit and found it confusing to say the least. The letter you get in the mail says nothing about a passport being necessary, but when you are waiting in line the many signs in your face say you need your old permit, DL, and passport, along with the letter. Very clearly written and on several signs. I'd read something about this here and elsewhere so I brought it with me just in case. They didn't actually ask for it though. Other people in line are freaking out and considering leaving because they had no idea to bring it, others are telling them it's not really needed. Mass confusion is how I'd describe the scene. Anybody have any insight on this situation? It seems like a real easy thing to fix to me. Make the requirements, the signs, and the renewal notice all agree. WTF?
By hayes1966
It is not required for renewals only for the initial permit. It is used to verify identity.
By punisher
Is this a new requirement? Ive never heard of this!! So in order to get your initial permit you now need a freakin passport??? Please say it aint so!!
All I had to bring is birth certificate and paperwork and id.
By hayes1966
punisher wrote:Is this a new requirement? Ive never heard of this!! So in order to get your initial permit you now need a freakin passport??? Please say it aint so!!
All I had to bring is birth certificate and paperwork and id.
Passport or birthcert will do for the initial permit.
By AGust82
Definitely not required, I didn't see one person asked for it. There are several large signs listing the requirements for new permits, and different signs for renewals. It says plain as day on every renewal sign that it's required. Even Government employees I'd hope would catch that.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!