Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By jtf650
SR9 wrote:Anyone know how many times you can re-load hulls?
That depends on the hull. In 12 gauge, I'm of the opinion that the Remington hulls- STS, Nitro, Gun Club, even the black Game Load hulls- are far and away the best, much better than the current version of the Winchester AAs. I generally stay away from the promotional load hulls like Federal Top Gun or Winchester Super Target. They're just not worth the bother, especially when the Remington Gun Clubs are so readily available. I would also advise standardizing on one hull, adjusting your machine for that hull, and you'll minimize problems that way, particularly if you're just starting out.

So to answer your question, I've loaded STS and Gun Club hulls 10 or more times without any issues. The crimps held fine, even though the hulls were a little grimy. I only stopped because I got tired of looking at them. Lately I don't load them much more than 4 times, mostly because I have so many once fired hulls that I'll never use them up.
By SR9
Thanks for your input. I was talking to my brother last night and he was interested in loading 12 ga and asked the question. Figured I would ask and get some info for him since I have no experience in this area. He has loaded handgun rounds for a long time.
By newguy
I kinda like to know if anyone has tried one of them cheap Lee Load All shotgun reloading kits. And if you have are they any good
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!