Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By CaptMac
If any one wants someone to look over and/or edit something they wish to submit as testimony, let me know. I have drafted and edited lots of testimony for other people, that's what you do as a litigation attorney, which I spent a few years doing.

Send me a pm, and we can arrange for me to look at it, make some suggestions and send it back to you. I'm not submitting anything for anyone, but I can edit.
By 220combat
I will be out of town, but I WILL e-mail.
By Mopar
Remember, this hearing doesn't address any one specific bill. They will be submitting one AFTER all the hearings based upon all the testimony. These hears are not to adress the dozens of specific bills already out there. Keep it general, but stick to the topic of gun violence in schools. Keep it to one page, but make sure you tell them you don't want ANY more restrictions on our rights, and tell them why restricting your rights will do nothing to reduce school violence.
Also remember what you send becomes public record, don't say anything you don't want your mother or your boss to read.
By CaptMac
I posted this over at ctguntalk.com, so I am just copying and pasting it here. Feel free to do with this as you with, no need to attribute anything to me.

I kind of reworked the letter / email that is on Ruger's website to produce the below. It's completely non-specific to any of the restrictions that are imposed. If you want to oppose the proposed restrictions on magazine size, proposed requirements that gun owners maintian insurance, proposed 50-percent tax on ammunition, etc., you'd need to insert it.

I looked at a bunch of the written testimony submitted in 2011 to oppose the then-proposed limit on magazine capacity. See: http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/CommDocT ... _year=2011 (Thanks to Rich_B who sent the link around)

If you want a file of the below, ask and I will try to send it. You should just be able to copy most of this, stick it into an email, modify as you see fit, and send it. The more of us that send in something opposing this nonsense, the better. The more of us that do not us the same exact words, the better also. If you check out the testimony from 2011, you might get an idea on something to include that is not included below.

If anyone wants to edit or change this and post a different suggestion, please do so. My ego is not as important as our liberty.

There were 1,000 of us at the Capitol last Saturday. We should surpass that number by a lot. This is only an email, it's easy.

Thanks to anyone who sends in testimony.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The email address to which testimony can be sent is [email protected]

Testimony to the Bipartisan Task Force on Gun Violence Prevention and Children’s Safety.

(Insert your name and address details)

I am a law-abiding citizen and responsible gun owner, residing in _______, Connecticut.

I am saddened by the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut, but I oppose new restrictions on lawful and responsible owners are misguided. Violent crime with firearms has declined since the Federal "assault weapons ban" expired in 2004. Connecticut has some of the most restrictive laws concerning rifles in the nation. These laws did not stop the events in Newtown. Criminals do not follow the law. People that intend to commit violent criminal acts are not deterred by laws. Horrific acts committed by the evil and/or insane are no reason to punish the innocent and law abiding members of our society.

Please oppose all legislation that restricts the liberty of law-abiding gun owners. Instead, work to enforce the gun laws already on the books.

Sincerely,

(Your name)
By KenT
I did it but I cant help but think we'll be first on the list of confiscated weapons considering they have our address =\

Though, there is always the boat I dont own....
By magneton44
Sent>>> Thanks, Capt!
By SR9
KenT wrote:I did it but I cant help but think we'll be first on the list of confiscated weapons considering they have our address =\

Though, there is always the boat I dont own....
If you have a permit or purchased a long gun in a gun store they already know. It's called a DPS-3.
By BugGuts
I sent my testimony in to the task force and I'm planning on showing up at the public hearing on Monday the 28th.

Thousands before us have given their lives, health, and fortunes for our freedoms as American citizens. By comparison missing a day of work and possibly facing the scrutiny of some gun-grabbers is no problem for me at all. I'll be there.
By Mike-Sid
Hayes1966 took the time to speak also, I missed it, but bet it was good.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!