Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By PaiN
Everyone available should show up.....!
Serious business this time folks. The wave of gun-control is rolling like a tsunami across the country....If we the law abiding gun owners of America do not stand up to this misguided and misinformed movement there will be detrimental damage to our rights and way of life.

http://www.guncontrolmorecrime.com/
By resinator
I think this is a VERY important ralley to attend if you value your gun rights. If we don"t turn out in numbers, and say "let the other guy go", we are in DEEP trouble.
We should try to get some car pools togeather now and show up. Look what New York just passed. A 7 round magazine law. Who the heck makes a 7-round magazine for most of the guns????
By PaiN
Obama is signing all kinds of "gun-control" legislation today, .......We need to stay in the fight.
Here he is signing... Look at the smug smirk on the dark prince's face.......Look at the "so-much-safer" children behind him. I wonder if they would be so proud if they had any idea what he was really doing to them.

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1006 ... on-package
By punisher
Ill be there and taking 2 of my cousins.
By punisher
Is the area a "gun free zone" or is this like the other gathering where you can open carry??
By hayes1966
I believe they are aiming for a gun free or concealed carry event.
By punisher
Is their anyway we can find out for sure?
Thanks
By Woody
Rockville fish and game board said "no carry", but a friend of mine who belongs to Metacom said he got an email from their board that it it a concealed event.
So, still unsure
By hayes1966
At this point I would add that concealed carry is a better option. We as a group are trying to show a professional face to firearm owners not the cameo military type of image.

I have only seen some info on facebook but not sure who is organizing the whole show.
By 19-3ben
I am going to be there, and I'm bringing people.

The guidelines I've been given are:

1) Dress appropriately (no camo, blaze orange, or range commando type stuff).
2) bring your own sign.
3) Keep in mind that anything you say and anything written on the sign may be a headline in the news, so think before you speak/write.
4) If you carry concealed, make SURE you know where you are standing and that you are not in an area of the lawn that is prohibited.

We have some very very scary pending legislation and we NEED our voices to be heard here. Please show up. Bring family, friends, your grandma, I don't care. Just show up, have a sign that makes a good point, and[bring people/b]!!!!!
By hayes1966
This is what my club sent out.

want to make everyone aware of the following items.

1.) This Saturday there will be a pro-2nd Amendment rally at the Capitol.
There has been a call for firearms owners nationwide to show up at their state capitals this Saturday January 19, 2013 at noon to protest pending state and federal gun legislation.

We need to show numbers, lots of numbers of people at the Capital north steps this Saturday. Dress is business casual (no camo, tactical clothing or firearms). This is a nationwide event. It is extremely important here in CT that we get thousands of people to attend. Please tell your friends and family and bring them with you! Some of the laws being proposed have no grandfather clause. If you fail to get involved you WILL lose your guns and magazines. Don't think that someone else will do the work for you. We are all in this together! Please, no guns, no camo, no alcohol, be polite and courteous. A show of numbers is what we need.

2.) The Connecticut Citizens Defense League (CCDL) is a newcomer to the gun rights advocacy groups in Connecticut. It may be the baby, but its founders have worked tirelessly to support and defend everyone's rights. Best of all, membership in this organization if FREE! Join online here www.ccdl.us

3.) Ruger has on their website a way to send a letter to all your representatives. Best of they do all the work. Go here http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/ to use their form and send a letter to the politicians.
By Mopar
The word from the organizer (and the state police) is open carry is fine. Police remind you that you must have your permit on you when carrying concealed or open. Bushnell Park, which runs right up to the Capitol parking lot (which will be closed for the event) is a gun free zone as per city of Hartford. Make sure you don't cut across the park to get to the rally. You can not go INSIDE the building armed. The organizer has requested no long arms. He also has requested you dress neat, business casual would be great, and no vulgar signs or clothing.
Remember, this will probably have large media coverage, as well as antigun protesters. Stay polite, don't get goaded into a yelling match or anything like that. Don't come across like the redneck militia.

CCDL is NOT sponsoring this, but we're helping all we can. I think we'll be providing the system, and I know we've helped line up speakers. See also the pinned topic here "Gun Appreciation Day"
By Mopar
By the way, word is there will be a large police presence; not in uniform, but off duty, standing with us in support of our rights.
By nvisn
I'll be there!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!