Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By J
Are there any gun shops that still have good deals? Ive heard that everyone has marked their prices up due to everything that has happened. I understand supply and demand but, yesterday I found myself at Dicks sporting goods asking for prices of guns thinking that they cant raise prices cause theyre a retail/department store. I have all the "evil" guns I want (except for the totally illegal ones that CT wont let me have, like a Tommy Gun and an AK) so all im really looking for is acouple of bolt actions. Just alittle .22 to plink around with and a .300 win mag since I recently sold mine. Any good places still around that havent marked up prices and still have some in stock?
By myglimk2
Your best bet might just be to put a WTB ad in the classifieds. Prolly the only good deals left is to buy privately.
By SR9
myglimk2 wrote:Your best bet might just be to put a WTB ad in the classifieds. Prolly the only good deals left is to buy privately.
Yep, I think that is the only way now.
By punisher
Even privately some sellers are doing the same thing as the stores.
By punisher
Some of the prices ive seen lately. If I had the money i wouldve been at hoffmans at 5AM to buy the M&P package for the $850 and felt good walking away. :bum: :bum:
By J
When I saw that one I thought people were crazy for buying it at that price, and its the sporter model without the dust cover. I got my regular m&p15 not the sporter, for $600 and it came with 3-30rd mags. I think I might just wait for this stuff to die down and everything goes backk to normal.
By Mike-Sid
J wrote:When I saw that one I thought people were crazy for buying it at that price, and its the sporter model without the dust cover. I got my regular m&p15 not the sporter, for $600 and it came with 3-30rd mags. I think I might just wait for this stuff to die down and everything goes backk to normal.
The fear, and possible reality is that things will not go back to normal, and these guns will no longer be available. :cry:
By punisher
This price hikes has happened multiple times. I believe it will go back to normal. It always does.
By Mike-Sid
punisher wrote:This price hikes has happened multiple times. I believe it will go back to normal. It always does.
What would normal be? It they make a nics check for ammo manditory, then no more buying from the internet, all sales will be face to face.
If they redefine "assault weapon" then what would be available? Most think not AR15's
If they ban "hi cap" mags" how many rounds is hi cap and they will not be available any more.

The new normal might really suck!
By J
@ Mike, I was stationed in Hawaii and their "hi-cap" mag law was no more than a 10 rd clip. I think its pointless cause Ive seen people shoot competition and they can shoot and reload just as fast as having a 30 rd mag. Hawaii was kind of wierd cause you were able to have a flash suppressor, collapsible stock, bayonet lugs and everything but they put a ban on hi-cap mags. I guess every state is different in their own ways.

Would anybody recommend just purchasing or special ordering from dicks? Their price is lower than the manufacturers retail and they cant jack up prices cause theyre a retail store. Looking through their special order book, they can get alot of stuff.
By sjcolwell2
Hoffmans re stickered everything!!!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!