Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By MadSmith
As U.N. Finalizes Arms Trade Treaty, Opponents Warn of Global Gun Grab

Without any national debate -- and after secret negotiations -- Obama is going to sign the Arms Trade Treaty on July 27, which will lead to UN imposed gun control. - Dick Morris
Amid energetic lobbying from both sides, the Obama administration is taking part in month-long negotiations at United Nations headquarters aimed at finalizing a conventional arms trade treaty, which supporters say will save millions of lives but opponents fear threatens to restrict Second Amendment rights at home and U.S. arms sales policies abroad.

U.N. bureaucrats insist that the U.N. Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) will have no impact on civilian gun ownership, saying that it will deal only with the arms trade across borders. They also stress that its outcome will not be imposed on any country, noting it will only be binding on countries that ratify it.

In a letter to Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on the eve of the conference, 130 Republican lawmakers outlined their concerns that the treaty being negotiated could negatively affect U.S. security, foreign policy and economic interests – as well as Americans’ constitutional rights.

“The ATT must not accept that free democracies and totalitarian regimes have the same right to conduct arms transfers: this is a dangerous piece of moral equivalence,” the letter stated.
More:
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/un-fina ... l-gun-grab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZeJpXLsVCI
By Mike_Diako
Oh boy... Here we go. Time to get in touch with my Greek roots, molon labe.
By nvisn
Mike_Diako wrote:Oh boy... Here we go. Time to get in touch with my Greek roots, molon labe.
I said it before and I'll say it again. I am either dying with my guns in my safe or a gun in my hand.
By GreggAndrews
I only have a single shot .22 that I will graciously hand over.

That's it. I don't have any other guns because that would be unreasonable to have more than that. :wink:
By GreggAndrews
I only have a single shot .22 that I will graciously hand over because unlike a certain poster above me, disarmarment is the only way to guarantee safety, even if that gun is in my hands, I might kill someone with it! I'm just a responsible citizen who would never, ever, ever want to put holes in a blue helmet from many, many yards away.

I don't have any other guns because that would be unreasonable to have more than that. :wink:
By MadSmith
The UN Arms Trade Treaty & Our Constitution’s Loophole
“While it is unlikely that a severely restrictive international gun control treaty could be ratified by two-thirds of the United States Senate, there are many mechanisms by which unratified treaties can work their way into U.S. law. For example, some eminent international disarmament experts have taken the position that the president of the United States may announce that a treaty has entered into force, and thereby become the law of the United States even if the U.S. Senate has never voted to ratify the treaty [emphasis ours]. The United States Supreme Court has cited unratified treaties (and even an African treaty), and various contemporary foreign law sources, as guidance for interpreting United States constitutional provisions. Likewise, other scholars, writing in a UN publication, argue that United Nations gun control documents (notwithstanding the fact that the documents, on their face, have no binding legal effect) represent “norms” of international law.” - David Kopel, Paul Gallant and Joanne D. Eisen, in their paper “The Human Right of Self-Defense”

Alonso further addresses the problem of conflict between international treaties and the U.S. Constitution. The role of the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties in resolution of such conflicts is of pivotal importance when a case is presented in international courts. Alonso concludes: “…an American citizen who is protected by the Second Amendment could not assert this right as a protection in an international court.”

Kopel, Gallant and Eisen elaborate further on that point in their paper: “Attorney Joseph Bruce Alonso has detailed how the theories being developed by IANSA [International Action Network on Small Arms] and its allies would allow American manufacturers, governments, or gun owners to be sued in foreign courts.”
More:
http://iapcar.org/?p=567
By SR9
nvisn wrote:
Mike_Diako wrote:Oh boy... Here we go. Time to get in touch with my Greek roots, molon labe.
I said it before and I'll say it again. I am either dying with my guns in my safe or a gun in my hand.
I am with you on that. They will have to come and take mine and that will not be pretty. :x
By ECervera
Guns???? Here????? Lmao there aren't any guns in my home :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!