Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By JohnFH
The names and addresses of pistol permit holders is confidential per CGS 29-28(d).

And yes we know, so educate yourself and fight with facts

Just because some idiot wants to change a law, does not mean it will happen.
By JohnFH
Have you contacted your reps to let them know how you feel, or just pasted a link here? My reps are sick of me, and I won't let up.
By Bigeast
Contact reps - yes.

Wear out my welcome at the ear of my colleagues - yes.

Believe in my right to bear arms in privacy - yes.

I believe this right is no different then my right to practice whatever religion I want in privacy!

The link was posted for as general info. Not everyone has the time or inclination to peruse all the local/state news looking for legislation some name seeker is dreaming up. I can't count how many times I've seen news here before I've caught it from the radio or from colleagues. I don't watch TV, suspect there are others that don't, so thought the link may be helpful. In fact this link was brought to my attention in an-mail from a colleague.

I purposely made no comment - I did not say this was going to happen.

If you'd prefer I can refrain from posting links without making subjective comments about the story and explaining that I've spent far too much time convincing my colleagues and legislatures to think before they act.
By myglimk2
John, ease up a little brother! Like he stated, a lot of people don't watch the news that often if at all. I myself don't watch it all. It just makes me sick to watch. I learn a lot from articles posted and from fellow enthusiasts.

:muffy: :love:
By JohnFH
Not trying to insult, but the current climate is causing a lot of rumors to fly and get out of hand.

I just want to keep a everyone on the same page and make sure we are dealing with facts and not rumors.
By Bigeast
Fact:

"The bill, introduced by Rep. Stephen D. Dargan, D-West Haven, co-chairman of the legislature's public safety committee, would make public the names and addresses of permit holders under Connecticut's Freedom of Information Act — and would reverse lawmakers' decision to protect that personal information from disclosure nearly two decades ago".

The bill has been introduced. No it's not law yet, but the more people who know the better chance we have of helping prevent it from becoming law!
By myglimk2
I know, but it's good to bring it up on forums and disuss it to point people in the right direction and educate people, the best course of action and any responses from reps.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!