Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

What if planning, survival, SHTF
By AGust82
If you guys are like me you probably hear fairly often "When SHTF I'm coming to your house!" Every time I try to explain that you can buy a suitable home defense shotgun for $200. It boggles my mind how someone's last resort plan is to hope a friend is willing to just hand over a firearm to them. A few of these guys I've been telling for 10 years or more. One guy literally has a 9 iron behind his bedroom door as his defense plan. You guys have friends/relatives like mine?
By myglimk2
In short, yes! :lol:
By PaiN
I don't really have any friends(except myglimk2, nvisn, & sometimes johnfh and they are armed) :? but my co-workers say it to me all the time. My reply is "that's fine but you better be collecting lots of ammo and/or rice on the way over" :lol:
By mu2bdriver
Yes. I have a many acquaintances but I can probably count friends on one hand. All of them are welcome because we are of similar mindsets and none would arrive emptyhanded. The ones who have their head in the clouds won't be able to get far and I'm not worried about them. When someone tells me they're 'coming over' in this specific context I ask them 'why they have no problem mooching off someone else while there has been more than sufficient time for themselves to prepare....that's right, you voted for Obama...twice.' That tweaks them really good.
By MadSmith
My sister the pediatrician was HORRIFIED to the point of puking at what happened. She's been anti-gun since forever. Now she's buying shotguns for the clinic and the home. She'll be DAMNED if she's going to rely for the children's safety on the mercy and kindness of criminals.
By AgentP
Madsmith... I tip my hat to your sister.

I get the "I'm coming here....." mostly from the wife's side of the family. I tell them " no your not". They are the kind of people that think guns are the most evil things on the planet. They would be the ones to show up with nothing but their personal items.

I just laugh at them. Yes, I'm a selfish bastard. But, I spent my money and my time. To take care of my wife and kids. Why would I just let a bunch of unprepared gun haters into my home.

Most of my friends are gun guys. They are good to go. One buddy lives in Mass. and works in CT. he doesn't own anything. But, has gone to the range with me. And he is a gun guy, he just doesnt know it yet. He is moving to CT next year. Hopefully he will join the dark side. He would have an open invitation to come. He is more of a brother to me than my own brother is. And the wives get along too!
By KenT
MadSmith wrote:My sister the pediatrician was HORRIFIED to the point of puking at what happened. She's been anti-gun since forever. Now she's buying shotguns for the clinic and the home. She'll be DAMNED if she's going to rely for the children's safety on the mercy and kindness of criminals.
Warm fuzzy!

Glad she saw the light.
By JohnFH
I don't think I know anyone that is not armed.

My mom even has a .357 :)
By KenT
My brother-in-law. Just as well. I can count on him.

How many of you guys know each other personally?
Have you thought about putting together an informal "Group or Club" for a SHTF situation? If so, Id be very interested, if nothing else, just to have other people to count on.

While my concern is an economic collapse, my wife, being a nurse, is more concerned with a pandemic... understandable. Anyway, we have some skills to bring to the table so to speak.
Last edited by KenT on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JohnFH
Have you thought about putting together an informal militia for a SHTF situation
This is a violation of state law.
By KenT
Ahh. I retract my statement. Corrected with GROUP or a CLUB.
By JohnFH
doesn't matter what you call it, more than 3 people training together and they can call it "terrorist" training.

I could get arrested for having a pistol class with more than 3 students if they really wanted to push it.
By KenT
So those people on Doomsday Preppers (neighborhoods and such) who train in groups are breaking the law... on public TV? Really? Can you organize a group without having guns present (at that time) just to discuss and/or 'excercise'?
By JohnFH
I don't know what laws apply in the states they are in. CT law is all I worry about.

But at the rate they are busting "preppers" it might be.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!