Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Hddreamer
Still have mine with no problems great carry gun !
By PaiN
I managed to find another Shield 9mm and picked it up tonight.....This one is staying with me. 8)
By hayes1966
PaiN wrote:I managed to find another Shield 9mm and picked it up tonight.....This one is staying with me. 8)
Can we start a poll on this?
By Hddreamer
Glad to hear you found another one there a great gun and definitely a great carry piece let us know how well it shoots !
By budget76
PaiN wrote:I managed to find another Shield 9mm and picked it up tonight.....This one is staying with me. 8)
Good to hear. New or used? Feel free to not answer, but mind if I ask what you paid if used? From my reading this is #1 on my list for carry/ my next purchase, but I haven't had time to research what the going price is on used yet.
By PaiN
budget76 wrote:Good to hear. New or used? Feel free to not answer, but mind if I ask what you paid if used? From my reading this is #1 on my list for carry/ my next purchase, but I haven't had time to research what the going price is on used yet.
This Shield popped up used locally and I jumped on it. New they are impossible to find, word is Hoffman's has 50 people on the Shield waiting list :?
What I paid..I'm not saying but it was very fair for what I got.(I wouldn't have bought the gun if it was a rake job)
Last edited by PaiN on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By budget76
Damn, good thing I'm planning on waiting a little while. 50 people waiting list is crazy 8O

No problem with the price, figured that may be the answer. Thanks
By PaiN
I installed a set of night sights on the Shield tonight. I originally went with XS Big Dots. But come to find out the rear sight of the XS's is only a painted stripe(according to the company, a tritium vile can't be fit into the the sight block....)I did not like this at all. I also has fit problems with the set I received.
I ended up using Truglo TFO sights the fit is nice and installation not to bad and the function is really great.

By nvisn
I love those sights.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!