Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By myglimk2
http://www.examiner.com/article/connect ... -to-picket

I'm hoping somone else will chime in with more info.

From what I hear, people are going to be gathering to block this church from the funeral?
By PaiN
I know I'm going to catch flack for this......
Freedom is freedom and at times it is a bitter pill to swallow. Freedom of Speech is not about carrying a sign that says "Free Speech" it is allowing all voices to be aired, whether or not is it popular or even right.
Sorry to say but the second anyone starts to trample on the rights of others because the "others" views or ideas are not theirs, then that "anyone" is an oppressor.
This is a cut and dry issue.
By MagysDrawers
But even Freedom of Speech has many limitations. Sure, these whack jobs at Westboro have a right to free speech, but the rest of the community doesn't have to listen to it or be a party to it. If it takes a human wall to block these fools, build one. If it takes a judges order that they be kept a quarter mile away, get the order and have the police enforce it. Protecting public safety and keeping order are police responsibilities. Sooner or later these Westboro types are going to push
the wrong buttons and there will be a violent situation, which is probably what they want anyway. Use the courts, use the cops, shut them down or keep them far away. The people of Newtown deserve no less.
By jerryd
Amen!!
By 3319
Murderous psychopaths don't target the 'right' people in my opinion.
By Mopar
I'm gonna agree with PaiN on this, and so have the courts. These scumbags have every right to spew their hateful beliefs.

That said, myself and about 3000 other bikers have just as much right to show up and make sure their free speech doesnt interfere with the funerals. And that's exactly what we plan to do.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!