Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By ChrisNCT
I am slowly getting parts but it's getting there.

BCM 20" 400 series Stainless Match Barrel with 1x8 twist will be here Monday.

Then I will be placing the order for the Knights Armament 1pc 30mm Optic Mount, Leupold 3.5-10 or a fixed 10x Mark 4, Harris Bipod, Gas Buster Charging Handle and a Bolt Carrier.

By Malaga2
Awesome!
By myglimk2
Malaga2 wrote:Awesome!
This! 8)
By nvisn
Freaking sexy.
By PaiN
Chris is always coming up with something cool.....yawn :roll:

:lol:
By Mike-Sid
Looks great! Is this an AR10 or an AR15
By ChrisNCT
The Knights M110 is a AR10 .308. I dont like .308 AR's though. So this will be the smaller 5.56 little brother of it.
By Malaga2
On a preban receiver this would be even more awesome :)
By ChrisNCT
naaa..not really.

There will be no bayonet lug on the low profile gas block which will be under the rail anyway. The barrel will have a fake flashhider that I will be machining and permanently attaching. Just in front of the gas block will be a suppressor attatchment point. This will be pinned to the barrel like the Knights version. The stock is not collapsable so , no need for preban there.

With a letter out there from the CT SLFU stating that you can use a silencer/suppressor on postban guns as long as the barrel is not threaded...no need for preban lower either.
By jkysmrf
So what type of suppressor mount do you like? Like an AAC breakout or a Gemtech can that installs over an A2 size brake? I'd love to get a copy of that letter for a later project if you don't mind.
By Malaga2
Interested in how you are attaching suppressor also?
By ChrisNCT
The Knights M110 uses a flash hider on the end of the muzzle and secures farther back on the barrel on a mount just in front of the front gas block. This mount has two vertical slots that are used to secure the suppressor. I will be using a dummy flash hider machined so the slots do not go all the way through. It will look like this one.

Heres the slots on the mounting collar.

This suppressor is the type that goes over the barrel 5-6". It located on the Flash Hider and secures on the slotted collar basically 2 points on contact.

By Malaga2
Chris...whose suppressor?
By ChrisNCT
I am form 1'ing my own.

I will be using 718 Inconel Seamless tubing, 800 series inconel for baffles and mount.
By Mike-Sid
ChrisNCT wrote:I am form 1'ing my own.

I will be using 718 Inconel Seamless tubing, 800 series inconel for baffles and mount.
Great idea, take pictures of the build. The tubing must be expensive.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!