Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
Joined up to see if anyone knew anything about MSA in Coventry, CT. Their website is very vague.

It states if you have a question to email them. Well their email kicked back mine, so that wont work.

Dug a little deeper and found a phone number.. that's deactivated too.

Not sure if anyone here is a member or has any experience going there. I would like to become a member since they have a 75 yard range and it's very close.

Thanks.
By GixerJockey
I don't know much about it, but I drive past it 3-4 times a week. My GF lives down the street. I never hear any shooting. The place looks like a residence. It's a house that certainly appears to be inhabited. There are cars in the driveway and kids toys in the yard. The only thing that caught my attention was a small wooden sign on the front of the house that says "Manchester Sportsmans..."
By Tanktheory
Well, I live on the same road as it ( Merrow / Broad way). I've driven by it 1000 times. It used to be a very active place when I was growing up, then last yesterday during that October snow storm their club house got wrecked. They had just recently finished the new one.

Past the club house is a long dirt road that goes to the shooting stages, I only know this cause I used to ride my dirtbike back there after hours years ago.

Well, looks like I'm gonna have to find else where to shoot.
By GixerJockey
GixerJockey wrote:I don't know much about it, but I drive past it 3-4 times a week. My GF lives down the street. I never hear any shooting. The place looks like a residence. It's a house that certainly appears to be inhabited. There are cars in the driveway and kids toys in the yard. The only thing that caught my attention was a small wooden sign on the front of the house that says "Manchester Sportsmans..."
It take the above statement back. I took a closer look this morning. The place that I was talking about is Manchester Rod and Gun Club. That's the sign on the front of the house. They are not one in the same.
By shooter860
Tanktheory wrote:Well, I live on the same road as it ( Merrow / Broad way). I've driven by it 1000 times. It used to be a very active place when I was growing up, then last yesterday during that October snow storm their club house got wrecked. They had just recently finished the new one.

Past the club house is a long dirt road that goes to the shooting stages, I only know this cause I used to ride my dirtbike back there after hours years ago.

Consider Rockville Fish and Game. We have two ranges and a police range that will be used for shooting events. $ 85 per year
By Tanktheory
Thanks for the heads up! I will look into that
By magneton44
shooter860 wrote:
Tanktheory wrote:Well, I live on the same road as it ( Merrow / Broad way). I've driven by it 1000 times. It used to be a very active place when I was growing up, then last yesterday during that October snow storm their club house got wrecked. They had just recently finished the new one.

Consider Rockville Fish and Game. We have two ranges and a police range that will be used for shooting events. $ 85 per year
Shooter,
Does membership application require sponsorship from a Club member?
By Woody
Yes, you need a sponsor. I looked into msi a fee years back, filled out the app and never heard back. I belong to Rockville now. Great club, strong emphasis on safety. They have archery, fishing ponds, trap, skeet, pistolrange and a 100 yard rifle range.
They run a ladies day every May.
They also have a clubhouse at crystal lake.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!