Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By jerryd
Does anyone have one? Looks interesting, Dont have any SA products wondering how they shoot and hold up, thanks jerry
By MessEleven
My daughter has an XDm in .45 ACP. Shoots great, feels terrific in the hand and pretty damn good value. The grip on the original XD is a bit different, so I'm not sure about those, and my daughter's gun is a 4.5" version. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.
By jerryd
Just got back from K-5 and a XDs came with me, will be the wifes Xmas present to go along with her Kimber ultra. Cant believe how small this thing is, 1 in wide holds 5+ 1 in the chamber, also got a box of 45 Zombie ammo for work cause we patrol the graveyard in New Haven, the boss will get a chuckle out of this!! Going to BSR tomorrow to try it out, might have to get another . :D :D
By MessEleven
jerryd wrote:Just got back from K-5 and a XDs came with me, will be the wifes Xmas present to go along with her Kimber ultra. Cant believe how small this thing is, 1 in wide holds 5+ 1 in the chamber, also got a box of 45 Zombie ammo for work cause we patrol the graveyard in New Haven, the boss will get a chuckle out of this!! Going to BSR tomorrow to try it out, might have to get another . :D :D
Wait...you're going to shoot the wife's Christmas present before she does?!? 8O
By jerryd
Have to make sure it functions properly, cant let her carry an untried weapon !!!
By MessEleven
jerryd wrote:Have to make sure it functions properly, cant let her carry an untried weapon !!!
Dude, that's bad ju-ju! :lol:
By punisher
Shot my friends full size 40 and it felt awesome.
Ergonomics and all.

Ive been wanting one for a while. Me thinks to get a sub or compact in 9mm or 40 caliber.

With christmas around the corner im gonna have to silently suffer and wait.
By raze
The xds was not too bad for pocket carry. It did not like some ammunition like critical defense. It was a pretty soft shooting pistol for the size a lot nicer to shoot than a rohrbaugh.
By XM15
I shot a buddy's fullsized .40 and I have a 5.25 in .45. Both are great; I like the feel of the grip and they shoot well. The .40 recoiled like a 9mm .
By raze
I think op is talking about the Springfield xds the 3.3" .45 pocket pistol not the plural version of the xd.
By mr380acp
thought about buying one of these but went went a kahr pm 45....
By Hddreamer
Hey Jerryd, its been alittle while now how do you like it ,tell us what you think
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!