Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

What if planning, survival, SHTF
By PaiN
Let's talk about what is going down....in these End Times
I'd like too hear what others have to say and how you prepared.
Let it out, whatever you believe, even if its nothing at all.
and please, be respectful of others.
By myglimk2
I hope this turns into a good thread!
By nvisn
Read Revelation....
By CTSixshot
Without going into lengthy detail, be very concerned when you hear about a 7-year peace accord with Israel.
The Lord has never revoked the promise made to Abram in Genesis 12:3 either: "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:Without going into lengthy detail, be very concerned when you hear about a 7-year peace accord with Israel.
The Lord has never revoked the promise made to Abram in Genesis 12:3 either: "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."
This should be the place for details.....and ideas. No one can learn and be inspired to find more if we hold back. I'm very curious about your "details".
By SR9
nvisn wrote:Read Revelation....
What he said. It is all there and the signs are all over.

My prep? I am building up my inventory of firearms, home supplies and anything I think I might need to function off grid. As for bug out, ain't gonna happen for me. Da wife cannot go very far so I am planning on using a FD tactic called protect in place. We will stand our ground right at home for better or worse and do the best we can.

More to come if I get inspired.
By mu2bdriver
SR9 wrote:...so I am planning on using a FD tactic called protect in place.
Can you explain this further? I was never hot on the idea of leaving my home unless there was a NBC attack. I can have the windows/doors boarded in 15 minutes but am curious about what else I may be missing.
By AgentP
What S9R said.
Hunker down, dig in and hope for the best. Wife and two small kids, we're not going anywhere. Been kinda stocking up on food/water type things. And weapons/ammo stockpile is always growing.

The best is when my in-laws come and vist. They see my "room" and imediately say "we're coming here if the SHTF". Nothing beats the look on their faces when I tell them "no way in hell".
By GreggAndrews
I'm just waiting for the end of the world to happen. I have no reservations about saying that I believe fully in a socio-economic collapse, and how I doubt the nature of man is forgiving in any aspect.

I am going to have a LOT of AR's, AK's, & Glock-brand-Glocks.
By SR9
mu2bdriver wrote:
Can you explain this further? I was never hot on the idea of leaving my home unless there was a NBC attack. I can have the windows/doors boarded in 15 minutes but am curious about what else I may be missing.
If we have a fire in one of our nursing homes in January(or any other bad weather) FD personnel and the nursing staff move all residents to the safest part of the building and close doors until resources arrive to safely transport away from the threat.

Essentially, I call hunkering down in my home protect in place. With my wife being disabled and in poor health she would not survive long away from home. That said, I sort of look at my home like I would a local nursing home. My sons are out of the house and living on their own.

In addition, I have room for my sons and a couple of close friends(they are neighbors). Both my sons can shoot so I retain enough hardware to equip them with a long gun/shotty and hand guns. They would help protect the dwelling and provide physical labor.

This is a work in progress. I do not go crazy with spending and get what I can when I can. The financial focus is to pay off debt as soon as possible, though next year that will be significantly more difficult with new state and Federal taxes coming.
By PaiN
I too believe we are on the precipice of a great change, which is not going to happen without complete tear down of the current paradigm.
The Great Destroyer is at our doorstep.
I without a doubt believe that what is coming has happened in the past and will happen again. This has been known to a "select" group on this earth. I believe the holders of this knowledge have been deluded into hording and manipulating it for the the sole purpose of maintaining power and eventually dominion over the Earth. Welcome to the fruits of their labor.
We are in for a cataclysm....likely to come from many sources. Currently we are looking financial and moral collapse in the face, soon massive war will be upon us..this will be followed by any number hyper-destructive scenarios super volcano, disrupted weather patterns, solar activity, pole shift, passing space objects, ripping the Earth apart and turning live as we know it upside down.
Those that we call "elite" have been prepared based on fore-knowledge. They have underground safe havens and sheltered cities, along with plans for evacuation and guidance. These elites have horded all the wealth, technology, weapons and all things needed for "The Grand Plan". They have food and comfort supplies for many years of living.
The Grand Plan is to ride out the cataclysms fat and comfy in their "safe zones", while we the common people suffer and scrounge in indescribable ways, while madness sweeps the face of the planet and we die in massive numbers. Sometime in the future, after the Destroyer's sickle has reaped over the Earth, the elites will emerge, taking taking dominion over what is left of us and the planet. One World religion/government will be instituted, survivors will be rounded up and taken too centralized areas, repatriated and put to work on the "rebuilding" in the "Grand Architect's" vision. Now past this is another story.
By KenT
I think the same thing Pain does more or less but I think it'll all be very gradual. Natural disasters happen all the time now. The problem will be that during an economical collapse(again gradual), crime sprees and the slow break down of society as we know it, we wont be able to "handle"/deal with these natural disasters the way we can now so that will escalate the situation further, as well as handling disease, drought, famine (or distribution of limited foods and water). I dont think govt will even want to control the people the way they're attempting to now for a while, until theyve been "beat down" into submission via physical and spiritual weekness (famine, poverty etc). They wont have to stick guns in our faces. Hopefully some will still rise in spite of it. The political system will have to change to adjust, probably with each state (or states uniting) becoming more independant. Civil War? I dont see it right away. Most people are too complacent these days and dont have the will or pride the country once had. But after a generation or two, I can see it if the proper resources were available to them... what does one have to lose afterall at that point?

btw Pain, you write that in a manner that is a bit scarey... but maybe you meant it to be ;) well done...
By CTSixshot
"Project Longevity" is here! Cancel all of your SHTF plans, especially if you reside in/near New Haven, Bridgeport or Hartford.
By MadSmith
By GreggAndrews
SR9 wrote:
mu2bdriver wrote:
If we have a fire in one of our nursing homes in January(or any other bad weather) FD personnel and the nursing staff move all residents to the safest part of the building and close doors until resources arrive to safely transport away from the threat.

Essentially, I call hunkering down in my home protect in place. With my wife being disabled and in poor health she would not survive long away from home. That said, I sort of look at my home like I would a local nursing home. My sons are out of the house and living on their own.

In addition, I have room for my sons and a couple of close friends(they are neighbors). Both my sons can shoot so I retain enough hardware to equip them with a long gun/shotty and hand guns. They would help protect the dwelling and provide physical labor.

This is a work in progress. I do not go crazy with spending and get what I can when I can. The financial focus is to pay off debt as soon as possible, though next year that will be significantly more difficult with new state and Federal taxes coming.
I agree with the concept of not moving unless you really, REALLY have to.

Why displace yourself from shelter, goods, etc.? (Unless you live 'da inna-city where it would get really, really bad)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!