Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General car chit-chat for the auto guys
By myglimk2
Anywhere in CT where I can do some mild off roading?
By AGust82
Nepaug State forest is full of trails and there's always trucks in there. I'm not sure why an exception is made there but it appears to be legal. Search for it on some 4x4 forums. I think there are even trail maps out there.
By myglimk2
Awesome, thanks Agust!
By JohnFH
The state forest across from my house has trails
By myglimk2
Are vehicles allowed in there though?
By GixerJockey
AGust82 wrote:Nepaug State forest is full of trails and there's always trucks in there. I'm not sure why an exception is made there but it appears to be legal. Search for it on some 4x4 forums. I think there are even trail maps out there.
Its because those "trails" are acutally mapped fire roads. If you're legally registered, its ok to be on them. They were put in there to allow access to the powerlines for maintenence. If you stray from the "roads", technically youre no longer legal. I used to run my Tacoma through there. And now we dirtbike in there. Same thing... dirt bikes are road registered (that's another story). Same thnig at Pachaug and a few other state forrests around the state.
By budget76
Going to shoot you a PM where I wheel. I've been wheeling long enough that I don't like to post the info up online, seen it too many times where people find out and go and trash the area, then it gets shut down.

I believe it falls into the fire road section Gixer was talking about.

What do you drive? I picked up (tired of spending time building) a 94 Cherokee on 35's, locked rear, etc. I'd be willing to meet up sometime, probably going to go on my lunch break/after work tomorrow or Thursday. Depends when I drive the truck to work.
By raze
Jeff what is offroading to you? playing in mud, sand, or rocks?

Also where people go in wolf harbor is highly patrolled by cops and game cameras every where.

If you like hard rock trails like i do there is not a whole lot in the area
By 67malibu
Funny yuo mention game cameras.. just had a friend 4 wheeling and got caught by the town and fined. he was seen by those cameras..lol
By myglimk2
raze wrote:Jeff what is offroading to you? playing in mud, sand, or rocks?

Also where people go in wolf harbor is highly patrolled by cops and game cameras every where.

If you like hard rock trails like i do there is not a whole lot in the area
Well I only have my little AWD VW Tiguan, so no big rocks for me! :lol:
Just wanna play in the mud a little I guess. :twisted:

By CTSixshot
How about the beaches in Rhode Island?
I know there is access, probably via permits, for fishermen, since I see campers and such out there. I doubt you'll have free reign to just trail-blaze and compromise the dunes and vegetation.
By myglimk2
Too far. :(
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!