Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with hunting, post pictures of your trophy, recipes for cooking or tips for fellow hunters.
By hayes1966
I drove up to Conventry this morning for a little spot of hunting. Got to one of my stands but didn't see any deer sign around so I headed off to another stand. Figured I must be loosing it as I can't see the stand but after a few minutes of searching I find the stand on the ground. All the straps and cords gone!

I called a couple of people and the land owner in case anyone took it down. No one knew anything about it. This is the second time this stand was taken down. Funny thing is there is another hunters stand 50' away and he knew nothing of this.

Eighty eight acres to hunt on and the a#####e has to take my stand down!
By 2dobies
I've had that happen and it sucks, but at least yours was still there. You shouldn't have to deal with that on private land, hope you get to the bottom of it.
By mu2bdriver
You may want to check with the DEP and their Hunter/Poacher tip line. Maybe someone called to report it and they are just as interested as you are.
By hayes1966
I don't believe this was a poacher. There are 4-5 people that hunt the property and it was one of those guys!

Several years ago my brother had his stand stolen from private land in Salem. I still have a hanging tree stand on land in Wallingford that I nailed to a tree but it didn't stop a lanky asswipe from lifting all the pegs :)

Some hunters are just aholes!
By GreggAndrews
hayes1966 wrote:I don't believe this was a poacher. There are 4-5 people that hunt the property and it was one of those guys!

Several years ago my brother had his stand stolen from private land in Salem. I still have a hanging tree stand on land in Wallingford that I nailed to a tree but it didn't stop a lanky asswipe from lifting all the pegs :)

Some hunters are just aholes!
Don't feel bad, I've had similar experiences with "fellow" hunters.

Some guys take it to the point of destroying property so that they can get that "prize" deer they've dreamed of bagging.

Selfish bastards.
By joesi
yep,had the same happen to a friend of mine. we hunt 900 hundred acres
and they stole the bottom of his ladder stand. GONE!!! they left just the upper half.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!