Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By SR9
MessEleven wrote:
SR9 wrote:I have a feeling that this sort of thing is going to come up here in Southbury. A friend who works in town hall and taken the hand gun safety class last week has heard the new Liberal Left first selectman is deliberately sitting on applications because "he does not like it"

Have to see where this goes.
I guess I've been spending too much time at work. When did we get a left wing 1st Selectman in our town, Vin? We have about five Democrats who live here! 8O
Well, unfortunately, the last Repub did not do such a good job (according to some) and got voted out in the last election cycle. Unfortunately, there are more and more dumba$$acrats moving in and it reared it's ugly head in this guy getting in.

This new guy is looking like an anti. Glad I got my permit before he got in.
By MessEleven
SR9 wrote: Well, unfortunately, the last Repub did not do such a good job (according to some) and got voted out in the last election cycle. Unfortunately, there are more and more dumba$$acrats moving in and it reared it's ugly head in this guy getting in.

This new guy is looking like an anti. Glad I got my permit before he got in.
Man, no kidding. It was a piece of cake when we got our permits here!
By SR9
Well aside from the first selectman issue Southbury finally got the message about the 3 letters of recommendation.

I had to have them in '08 when I went through the process. I just found out today that they are no longer requiring them. A person I know did not have to submit letters last week. Thanks to Rich B and CT carry for flogging these errant towns into following the law.
By budget76
UPDATE:

Just got a call that my permit is ready, but the Chief still needs to sign it first. 8) 12 weeks if I counted right 8O

She asked about my 'missing' 3 letters, I told her we discussed the issue when I handed in the application and that I didn't have any. She said OK and will call me once it's signed by the Chief, however long that takes.

She sounded swamped, and from what she quickly said it sounded like there have been a ton going through the system in Rocky Hill.

Going to call and cancel the appeal process once I have my permit in hand.
By budget76
just got the call it was ready at the 12.5 week mark. Going to pick it up after work today. Lady did NOT sound happy to be on the phone or letting me know that it was ready. Didn't sound swamped this time, just cranky :roll:
By Rich_B
budget76 wrote: Going to call and cancel the appeal process once I have my permit in hand.
Please make sure you do. But don't believe anything the PD says or take anything for granted.

Have the permanent permit in hand before you contact the BFPE.
By budget76
Picked it up yesterday 8)

Going to call and cancel the appeal later today. Rocky Hill took 12+ weeks.

Now researching on what to pick up. The Shield is still looking damn good
By turbofx4
6.5 weeks here. Turned in all my information on 1 Oct, received the call about my temp permit on 15 Nov. Got my 5yr permit and new S&W on 19 Nov. :D
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!