Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

What if planning, survival, SHTF
By ChrisNCT
ready for the looters.... lmao

By myglimk2
:lmao:
By nvisn
[quote="ChrisNCT"]ready for the looters.... lmao

i hope you have a stamp for that AOW.
By Harry
OMG 8O
He's got Banned Assault Weapons
:D
ChrisNCT wrote:ready for the looters.... lmao

By nuke
Still have power here in Waterford. Cl&p map says 79% out in my town.
By myglimk2
Same here in Shelton, although the lights keep flickering and several trees near my house have fallen.
By Mike-Sid
Good one ChrisNCT!!! I still have power in Oxford, but I do not expect that to last with this wind!!!
By ChrisNCT
we are doing fine here in naugy. got a 1 second loss in power around 3pm.
By PaiN
Minor flickering here in Bristol, but so far so good. Only 1% power outtage according to CL&P
By Mike-Sid
51% out in Oxford, but I'm still with power!!!
By Minato
475000+ without power now. Probably will rise with the wind out there now.
By MessEleven
We got very lucky here in Southbury....flickered a few times, but no outage. I guess CL&P figured we suffered enough after Irene and Halloween '11. :P
By hayes1966
ConEd in NY shutdown lower Manhattan due to the flooding. Since most of that is underground and flooded they may be without power for a while.

I'm just back from Berlin, there are a lot of people without power. A lot of storm damage all over but the coastal areas were hit really hard.

CL&P built a six foot wall with giant concrete blocks around a substation that feeds most of Greenwich. If the water reached that high, it would mean most of the town would be under water!

I am waiting for Maloy to start with his bs tomorrow once the restoration effort begins.
By SR9
MessEleven wrote:We got very lucky here in Southbury....flickered a few times, but no outage. I guess CL&P figured we suffered enough after Irene and Halloween '11. :P
You must be lucky, my power went out 4:30pm on Monday and is still out. 2 big trees on the the lines on my street. Both were dead trees on private property. :roll:

Ran a boat load of calls with the FD until midnight last night too. Between 7pm and 10pm we kept all our guys in station because of the high winds. There is nothing the FD can do about trees down on power lines except to report it with the pole #.

My employer opened at 10:30 this morning so I am at work until when ever. Not many people here today.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!