Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By 67malibu
anyone have one of these that would be willing to share their expierences with it ?

I'm seriously considering moving into a .45. I have owned a the 9c, fullsize 9mm , and I still own for now the fullsize .40 and the .40 sheild, just wondering about the .45 acp fullsize.

is there much difference in weight or size of the firearm compared to the other M&P's

any advise would be greatly appreciated

Ted
By newguy
I fired the 45 version and I liked it alot. My father's friend who just retired from the Army has one. He worked in the armory and said he loves it that is is extremely well made and well balanced. That is coming from a guy that handled firearms all day long.
By GreggAndrews
I have run probably six or seven magazine's worth through the M&P .45.

Liked it a LOT LOT (and I don't like polymer guns!) :)
By 67malibu
I always knew I'd be going into a .45 at some point. so i figure I'd may as well take the plunge soon. so I'm moving out of the .40's and into the .45
once my shield sells I may be posting the fullsize .40 then I'll go shopping for my new smith.

I just dont know if the holsters I have will work on the .45 .. all I hear are good things about the .45's and its affordable for me to get. thats a huge selling point.
By GreggAndrews
Tell you what, the M&P's are really hard to go wrong with.

I don't like polymer, but I'm getting an M&P9 upon getting my permit. I really, really like them, along with all of their other incarnations.

Can't go wrong!
By 67malibu
I had the 9mm in fullsize and the 9c. loved them both I agree that you just cant go wrong with them, I wish i could keep them all but there is no way I could afford the ammo for 4 or 5 different calibers. as they say AMMO is expensive.

good luck with your permit Greg. when you get it I'd love to meet up and hit a range with you.

Ted
By newguy
I just wanted to add if your looking for a 45 and wouldn't mind the 1911 style. Rock Island Armory 1911 are real nice good quality and affordable. My father has a Chrome Rock Island GI model 1911 it beautiful shoots like a dream and was extremely affordable. I know last time i road over to NGX they had the Tactical Model which is really nice. I am going to wait till I have the extra cash myself and pickup a Tac Model
By mr380acp
I would go with a Glock over the M&P
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!