Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By myglimk2
I don't understand it either. Let me know how your buddy makes out in Shelton. I had my BIL call them every week after the 8 weeks. I'm guessing they finally got tired of him calling! Unless BOFPE notified them of the appeal in process. :?
Last edited by myglimk2 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Rich_B
budget76 wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:My brother in law waited 17 weeks in Shelton. Had him start his appeal after week 8. He got his permit before his letter with the appeal date came in. Had him call to cancel his appeal.
Hmm, thanks for the info.

I have a buddy down in Shelton that applied, they told him 4-6 weeks, though I think he is at 4 weeks and guess we'll see. A friend of his got it a month or so ago, and he said it took somewhere in the 4-6 week region. I wonder why there' such a variation?

Maybe it is true they're that backlogged, but I can't see how they got that overwhelmed unless it's a one-man operation or only works once a week.
4 weeks is at least 'realistic', but it is likely to be more than the Connecticut General Statutes allow anyway.
http://ctcarry.com/Permits/Timeline wrote: The Connecticut General Statutes prescribe a rather strict timeline for the pistol permit process. This timeline is dictated by CGS 29-28a and CGS 29-29. The deadlines described in these statutes give your local issuing authority "5 days" from the date you submit your application with fingerprints until they must submit your fingerprints to the State Police Bureau of Identification (SPBI). Once your FBI report is received back from the SPBI, the local issuing authority has "one week" to issue an approval or denial.
By budget76
Appeal papers are in the mail this morning. I will keep everyone updated
By Mopar
myglimk2 wrote:Contact Scott Wilson or Lenny Benedetto at CCDL. Scott helped guide me through when I was having issues with my permit.
http://ccdl.us/aboutus/contact
Actually CCDL has a dedicated email and a dedicated person just for this type of thing. Contact Jonathan at [email protected]
Jonathan has been very effective dealing permit problems and especially dealing with the BFPE.
By myglimk2
Mopar wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:Contact Scott Wilson or Lenny Benedetto at CCDL. Scott helped guide me through when I was having issues with my permit.
http://ccdl.us/aboutus/contact
Actually CCDL has a dedicated email and a dedicated person just for this type of thing. Contact Jonathan at [email protected]
Jonathan has been very effective dealing permit problems and especially dealing with the BFPE.
Now I know this for the next person! Thanks C! 8)
By newguy
Was so easy to do in my town. First "Select Person" (Trying to be PC here) is the chief of Police and there office does all the pistol permit paperwork. So the police department in my town isn't even involved.
By budget76
just an update:

Still no word from Rocky Hill PD. No word from the appeal process either. I have been busy, so I'm now just waiting it out patiently :?
By Rich_B
budget76 wrote:just an update:

Still no word from Rocky Hill PD. No word from the appeal process either. I have been busy, so I'm now just waiting it out patiently :?
Did you send in the appeal and the questionnaire? When?
By budget76
Rich_B wrote:
budget76 wrote:just an update:

Did you send in the appeal and the questionnaire? When?
Yes sir, sent it whenever it was we exchanged emails. Got a letter from the board Tuesday for an appeal scheduled in march iirc. Hopefully I get it before then 8O
By SR9
I have a feeling that this sort of thing is going to come up here in Southbury. A friend who works in town hall and taken the hand gun safety class last week has heard the new Liberal Left first selectman is deliberately sitting on applications because "he does not like it"

Have to see where this goes.
By Rich_B
budget76 wrote:Yes sir, sent it whenever it was we exchanged emails. Got a letter from the board Tuesday for an appeal scheduled in march iirc. Hopefully I get it before then 8O
If you appealed, not much more you can do. Most departments issue the permit before the hearing date to save themselves the trouble and embarrassment.
By hayes1966
SR9 wrote:I have a feeling that this sort of thing is going to come up here in Southbury. A friend who works in town hall and taken the hand gun safety class last week has heard the new Liberal Left first selectman is deliberately sitting on applications because "he does not like it"

Why not route the application to the resident trouper rather than the first selectman?
By Rich_B
hayes1966 wrote:Why not route the application to the resident trouper rather than the first selectman?
The first selectman is the local issuing authority. Not the resident trooper. In some towns they delegate this duty to the resident trooper, but the resident trooper is still not the local issuing authority.
By MessEleven
SR9 wrote:I have a feeling that this sort of thing is going to come up here in Southbury. A friend who works in town hall and taken the hand gun safety class last week has heard the new Liberal Left first selectman is deliberately sitting on applications because "he does not like it"

I guess I've been spending too much time at work. When did we get a left wing 1st Selectman in our town, Vin? We have about five Democrats who live here! 8O
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!