Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By GreggAndrews
nvisn wrote:Get 10mm Auto and come watch me play you guys the worlds smallest violin.
Funny, I'm sitting on a few hundred pieces of 10mm brass right now... :roll:
By nvisn
O'rly?
By GreggAndrews
nvisn wrote:O'rly?
Ya, rly. Lots of it. :roll:
By punisher
JohnFH wrote:It costs me about 6 bucks per hundred for 38 reloads.

I don't shoot 38 in any kind of contest.
Wow
That's excellent
Now I have to start reloading like some of you gvuys do
By nvisn
punisher wrote:
JohnFH wrote:It costs me about 6 bucks per hundred for 38 reloads.

I don't shoot 38 in any kind of contest.
Wow
That's excellent
Now I have to start reloading like some of you gvuys do
Ya said that before on page 2.
By CTSixshot
GreggAndrews wrote: Funny, I'm sitting on a few hundred pieces of 10mm brass right now... :roll:
Well, if that brass needs a home...
... aww shoot, don't bother, nobody buys 10mm reloads anyways! (I'll just hold onto the Speer Gold Dots for another day.)
By newguy
Isn't 10mm just basically 40 S&W uses same bullets and die set
By CTSixshot
Yes, kind of like the 38 Special/.357 Magnum and the 44 Special/44 Magnum, just a bit longer case and loaded hotter, just like the other combos.
The 10mm Auto uses a large primer, not the SP like the .40, so it's slightly unique in that area; not that this matters to the die sets.
...speaking of which, I need to replace my sizing die, since the carbide insert is cracked on my lone set.
Hodgdon lists a 200 grainer at 1172 fps in the 10mm, fwiw.
Last edited by CTSixshot on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By nvisn
Gary. I'd buy your reloads.
By CTSixshot
At the moment I have only about three boxes with assorted bullets, Nosler JHPs and Sinterfire frangibles, but I don't recall the weights ottomh.
You're welcome to shoot them off with my usual money back guarantee, of course: If they don't function in your firearm, bring them back for a refund.
Once I get some Hodgdon Longshot and some brass, we should see what we can brew up with the 180 and 200 Speers.
I'll bring everything I have in 10mm down to Branford, and there it shall sit, if you what to have a look. (860)961-8931, since I won't be online while there.

Here's the tally:
50 rounds with SF40-155 RHFP (frangibles)
50 rounds mixed (150gr JHP, 165gr, 180gr)
34 rounds Nosler 150gr JHP

I have boxes of Speer FMJ and Gold Dots in 180, 200 and possibly 165 grain weights reacy to be reloaded, too.
Last edited by CTSixshot on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By GreggAndrews
Buy with confidence from Gary.

I've shot his ammunition, and it is very, very good. Has that nice tactical-operator-low-glare patina, but his stuff is A-OK by my standards. Much better than factory.

JohnFH would be a good one too, if he loads the .40/10mm. His rifle loads are fantastic, and I wouldn't doubt if his pistol is the same.

I've had ammunition from both of them, and it's all stellar stuff, to say the least. :)
By CTSixshot
Kind of you to say, GA.
Course, those 10mm guys have to have Polar Bear loads in their 10s; I doubt my book loads equal those!
By CTSixshot
newguy:

You and J should give the HRG Revolver shoot a whirl on the 14th of October.
By newguy
Might be worth a shot I am not that great with revolver yet though
By CTSixshot
SO what...neither am I. This is what makes you better. I'll bring a few speed-loaders, #10s, for you.
Last edited by CTSixshot on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!