Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By nvisn
A good time was had by all!!
By MessEleven
Damn...got stuck at work with a large order. Are any more planned?
By CTSixshot
SR9 wrote:...and a service rifle shoot TBA.
Any dates yet? Would like to make an effort to get to this venue this year.
By nvisn
CTSixshot wrote:
SR9 wrote:...and a service rifle shoot TBA.
Any dates yet? Would like to make an effort to get to this venue this year.
Gary, I'd love to see ya there!
By CTSixshot
Well, thanks!
Do you know how critical they are with sporterizing on mil-surps? I have a Swedish Mauser with a 2x scope in place of a rear sight. The fore-end is altered, too, but it's only woodwork, not anything affecting the original capabilities of this rifle. If that's an issue, I'll just bring my Hakim.
By GreggAndrews
CTSixshot wrote:Well, thanks!
Do you know how critical they are with sporterizing on mil-surps? I have a Swedish Mauser with a 2x scope in place of a rear sight. The fore-end is altered, too, but it's only woodwork, not anything affecting the original capabilities of this rifle. If that's an issue, I'll just bring my Hakim.
Worse comes to worse, you are more than welcome to my 1903 (no longer scoped... thanks grandpa for busting the mounts!), 1917, or Mausers (or Mosin. Glorious Mosin). Hopefully I can make it up to this shoot... :twisted:
By nvisn
It is very informal. However you will never be able to complete the final course of 20 rounds successfully with any bolt action rifle.
By GreggAndrews
nvisn wrote:It is very informal. However you will never be able to complete the final course of 20 rounds successfully with any bolt action rifle.

Challenge accepted. 4 CLIPS (CLIIIIIPS!!!) and strong as f*ck thumbs, ready to rock. :lol:
By nvisn
GreggAndrews wrote:
nvisn wrote:It is very informal. However you will never be able to complete the final course of 20 rounds successfully with any bolt action rifle.

Challenge accepted. 4 CLIPS (CLIIIIIPS!!!) and strong as f*ck thumbs, ready to rock. :lol:
I believe you have 30 seconds. If you put 20 rounds on paper in 30 seconds I got a dub with your name on it.
By GreggAndrews
nvisn wrote:
GreggAndrews wrote:

I believe you have 30 seconds. If you put 20 rounds on paper in 30 seconds I got a dub with your name on it.

Oh damn, that's kinda a short window of time... hmm... :?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!