Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By mberoose
I know that the VEPRs use the thicker RPK light-machine gun AK-type receivers, and because of that, it's my understanding that only the pistol grip is interchangeable between a standard AK and a VEPR. Pretty sure the VEPRs have a thicker barrel and wider front trunion as well.

In terms of legality, it's anybody's guess...it seems like it would boil down to the usual semantics of what constitutes an "Avtomat Kalashnikov pattern" rifle in the eyes of the law. That said, knowing that it's based off of an automatic weapon (RPK) in its' homeland, I wouldn't feel too positive about the law being on our side, but that's just me. I'd love a VEPR in x39 as well, but to me it seems the only absolutely, positively safe bet here in CT is a VZ58, because it's not an AK, but just looks like an AK, and still takes x39.

My .02¢.
By myglimk2
mberoose wrote: VZ58, because it's not an AK, but just looks like an AK, and still takes x39.

My .02¢.
This. :D
By Harry
myglimk2 wrote:
mberoose wrote: VZ58, because it's not an AK, but just looks like an AK, and still takes x39.

My .02¢.
This. :D
I've one VZ 58
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!