Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By GreggAndrews
BigJonBoy wrote:@ newguy, What does "hiring the handicapped" have to do with customer service? People with disabilitys can't do as good a job as people without?
I believe he meant it in snide as in "mentally handicapped". Of which, I would agree with that statement that most customer service centers are run by retarded children in Somalia & Pakistan.
By newguy
What i ment by handicapped was people who have no skills to do the job but get it because they work cheap but can't provide the service that is expected from the position they hold. Not handicapped as is challenged people.
By nvisn
I shall coin the term "socially handicapped"
By mu2bdriver
I just call them idiots. As was mentioned before it's cheaper to hire these idiots than it is to hire intelligent people because what they lose in sales they make up for in salary. I always walk into a retail establishment with the lowest of expectations because with that mindset, I hope I won't get disappointed. But then even then some of these fools surprise me.

An earlier poster mentioned that he will continue to shop retail stores in fear for them going out of business without local support. I wonder how much of their overall revenue comes from local walk-in business versus online and shipped sales. I know that Hoffman's and Cabelas are the largest of the two (that I've been to), but for some of the smaller shops I've wandered into, I don't think they could keep the lights on if it were just for local retail business.
By jerryd
Some of the people iv dealt with were challenged before they came into the world !!!
By AGust82
I usually don't pile on the the "pile on threads" but in this case I'll have to agree. Customer service in the local firearms industry in complete crap. I used to be the 'don't buy from Hoffman's, support the little guy' type but I've since evolved. If every shop is going to treat me like an annoying burden then I'm buying from whoever has it on the shelf. I wish it wasn't this way but our society and economy has been trending towards Wal Martism for a long time.
This reminds me of a few years ago when I needed a single shot 20ga for pheasant hunting at a game club. It's the only type of gun this particular club allows for it. I did some internet research and decided I wanted a Rossi....at a whopping $149 MSRP. Naturally, I was concerned that no one would even want to order me a gun of such low profit margin. I had to phrase it like I was asking a favor of the king. I walked out of the store with a smile on my face, happy it went well and I was actually going to get the gun. Looking back on that day I kind of get pissed off.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!