Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By myglimk2
:D 8)
By phoffer961
PaiN wrote:How to kill time when works call and says you don't have to come in until later......?
Run to Hoffmans and pick up a Ruger American in .308 8)
I did on Sunday! Can't wait to get to Blue Trails to shoot it!
By PaiN
phoffer961 wrote:
PaiN wrote:How to kill time when works call and says you don't have to come in until later......?
Did you register for the free cheek rest offer? Nothing like making a good deal even better.... ;)
http://www.ruger.com/micros/cheekpad/

What optic are you running? I went with a Weaver 3.8-12x44 AO
By phoffer961
PaiN wrote:
phoffer961 wrote:
Did you register for the free cheek rest offer? Nothing like making a good deal even better.... ;)

Yes, I registered for the check pad! As far as scope, I am still researching! So many choices!
By PaiN
chasetheonly....That looks great. What scope and beefy rings are on yours?
I got my scope and cheek pad in tonight and just finished setting it up. Too late for pics but should have some by tomorrow.
By phoffer961
phoffer961 wrote:
PaiN wrote:
phoffer961 wrote: I did on Sunday! Can't wait to get to Blue Trails to shoot it!

Yes, I registered for the check pad! As far as scope, I am still researching! So many choices!
I went with a scope I had on my shelf, Tasco 3-9 x 40mm. I used UTG 1" Medium Rings.

I can't wait to shoot this!
By CTSixshot
Oh boy! Another farm trip!
By PaiN
Ruger American .308, Ruger cheek rest/pouch, Weaver 3.8-12x44 AO and Weaver Grand Slam high rings

By PaiN
phoffer961 wrote:Very Nice!
Too me the Americans really look good but today is the setups "christening" ...can't wait to see how it does.
Last edited by PaiN on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By AgentP
Range report please!!
Thinking about grabbing one.
By PaiN
AgentP wrote:Range report please!!
The American is a highly capable rifle(also mention has to go to the excellent Weaver AO glass I have on it)...... Once it was function tested and dialed in on some surplus .308, we got down to business with Federal Power-Shok 150g SP. Off a bag rest this rifle showed some impressive groups with the best(thx Jeff) being 4shots in ~1" @ 100yds.
Everything works well the action is butter smooth, but locks up tight, the rifle feels great with a trigger you just have to feel, even the recoil pad is top notch...What more can I say, but its hard to believe thes rifles only cost $300 :?
Get yours...
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:
AgentP wrote:Range report please!!
The American is a highly capable rifle(also mention has to go to the excellent Weaver AO glass I have on it)...... Once it was function tested and dialed in on some surplus .308, we got down to business with Federal Power-Shok 150g SP. Off a bag rest this rifle showed some impressive groups with the best(thx Jeff) being 4shots in ~1" @ 100yds.
Everything works well the action is butter smooth, but locks up tight, the rifle feels great with a trigger you just have to feel, even the recoil pad is top notch...What more can I say, but its hard to believe thes rifles only cost $300 :?
Get yours...
It is an awesome shooter. And the trigger is unbelieveably smooth with a crisp brake! 8)
By AgentP
Guess I'm gonna take a little drive to Hoffmans today after work. We'll see what happens!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!