Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By AgentP
Hmm.....I know you can"t sell these, right? But, what if I wiped the sweat off your head and fetched you drinks would that make me part of the operation :wink: ??

Seriously I would love to see/help/be a part of making one of these.
I know it's a lot of man hours and know how. Guess which one I have plenty of! Would you ever(if it's legal) consider having a "partner" on one of these lowers??
By ChrisNCT
At this point they are 80% lowers. They still are not classified as firearms. All that needs to be done on these is mill out the fire control pocket and drill the Hammer, Trigger and Selector Holes.

All in all, I can get them within spec and finished in about 2 hours.

I am willing to part with 2 but, you would have to finish them. I do have a milling machine and then you can do the machining while I assist in operation and dimensioning.

This way you were the one that finished it. If I were to finish it, I would not be able to sell, give or anythign else to others. That would make me the manufacturer.

So if one were to buy 1 (80% lower) off of me, and one night we can setup machining operations and walk away with 100% receivers, it is perfectly legal.
By AgentP
HOLY CRAP!!
I'm in. Let me know what/when/how much. This is so cool. You can email directly, I was asking you about buffers too. Thanks Jeff
By Hddreamer
Hey Chris I'll take 2nds if Jeff only takes one (that is of course if it's ok with you ) I would love to build one !
By Hermes
If you have too many, I'd love to have one as well. We have a new milling machine at work I've been helping set up - I'll just do some additional "test machining" on the mill.
By ChrisNCT
I made the plates for the lowers. These babies should hold the lowers in for milling operation of the fire control pocket.

Then it's a matter of turning on their sides to do the selector, trigger and hammer holes.

I need to order 7/16 DIA end mills and the games are ON!

By GreggAndrews
Chris, if you're ever up to it, I would LOVE to build a lower with this unit of yours. I'd positively LOVE to see this thing in action. I don't believe I have ever worked with a machine such as this, and would like to take the opportunity to familiarize myself with it. 8)

Of course, money, coffee, soda, lunch I can provide. :wink:
By jkysmrf
There is a guy local in CT that has those 80%'ers for sale too. His are a little different in that the pocket right next to the buffer tower is already milled out to the high shelf depth. Cant remember how much he charged for them, but I can find out.
By ChrisNCT
Are they still for sale. I remember a guy who sold them but hasn't been around for a long time advertising them.

I think he was/is a user over at ARF.com with the name AudioBK or something like that.
By jkysmrf
Just left him a VM. If he responds, Ill let you know.
By jkysmrf
Hell, seeing this thread makes me want to do another one
By jkysmrf
Update- OK, so anyone interested in
Picking up an 80%er, I can get them locally for $80/ea. If someone has a milling machine and knows how to run it, maybe I'll throw you one if you let me at it with a little guidance. I have a Baxter jig already.
By ChrisNCT
Well, here's 2 completed 80% rifles. They are now ready to head out to the range. Got a ban compliant 16" A2 with pinned stock & A2 style Break Pinned/welded. The other a A2 20" Hbar.

By GreggAndrews
ALSO, this reminds me, do you still have that HBAR barrel kicking around?

No derail here, just wanted to see if you got my PM.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!