Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By GixerJockey
Fisher wrote:Anyone use this range lately?? Is it still open? How's the range and the rates there?
Yes, they're open. Same ol' Blue Trail. 120 covered firing points, up to 100 yards, outdoor pistol at 25 yards, rifle at either 50 or 100. Indoor 50 foot range for 22 only. Shotgun field across the street. Snack bar is open and very clean. Rates are about $30 for the whole day on week days, $30 for the first hour on weekends (additional hours discounted). Gun store has a good selection, prices are high (very high on ammo... captive audience). But they have a good selection of accessories and cleaning supplies.
By mberoose
I go there often even though its a bit of a drive for me. Kinda sucks you can only shoot rifles while seated, and they don't like rapid fire too much, but unlike High Rock you'll never, ever wait. Half hour between cease fires too, which is nice.

It's great having no time limit during the week, you could take your sweet ass time there. The weekends get pricey fast though.
By nvisn
They jacked up their prices while they were being sued to understandably cover their legal defense. Now the lawsuit is gone and the prices are the same.

Just an observation.

When I posed the question to the woman working there I was answered by a rude glare.
By Mike_Diako
What were the prices before? That's a LOT of money for an outdoor range.
By nvisn
About 2/3 of that.
By mberoose
Oh yeah, none of the women at the counter are terribly pleasant. :lol: It's like the DMV of shooting ranges.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!