Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By myglimk2
This could spell trouble for you! Ok, well me too. :lol:
By Mike-Sid
Awesome! I pass by the new location to go to work every day!
By 3319
I bet they will sell more handguns at that store than any other BPS store. Oh wait. The majority of folks that have guns in Bridgeport don't have pistol permits.
By Mopar
And it would not surprise me in the least if they made a deal with Bridgeport to not sell handguns, or even not sell guns at all. Bass Pro Shops has been pretty hit or miss when it comes to 2A rights. Google up bass pro shops anti gun and you get almost 300,000 hits. Yea, I know corporate has recently said that's not their official policy, but there are tons of anti gun stories goinf back years and years all over the country. Not just one or 2 rogue store managers.
By mu2bdriver
Mopar wrote:And it would not surprise me in the least if they made a deal with Bridgeport to not sell handguns, or even not sell guns at all.
I was wondering the same thing and send them an inquiry about it. While it's still very early, this is their response...

"Thank you for contacting basspro.com. Your business is truly appreciated. At this time, it does look as though the Bridgeport, CT store will carry a full line of products similar to our other retail locations. Thank you for choosing Bass Pro Shops as your outdoor retailer!"
By RafMan
Bah! Not expected to open until Christmas 2013. Got interested for nothing :roll:
By Hddreamer
Where in not ?
By Hddreamer
Sorry about that, where in Bridgeport ?
By CTSixshot
The Steele Point area is what I heard on the news.
By Hddreamer
Thanks sixshot !
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!